Softopper TJ

herb04

I am looking for a new top soon and I am leaning towards the softopper frameless top, does any one know if they come with upper doors? also if yall have experience with them let me know what you think. I would love to go trektop but damn the price is up there.

thanks in advance

Monzterevoviii

I have the rampage frameless top and I love it. Best top I have had. My kit did not come with the upper doors but I think you can order the kit that does. I did not need them since I already had them from my previous top.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I would look at Bestop brand soft tops. You get what you pay for. They are the best, and make a lot of the factory tops. Just a quick look and it looks like the frame less style top does not come with uppers, you would have to buy them separately. You can order the Bestop Supertop with uppers but it is a frame style and comes with everything needed to install a soft top onto your jeep if you didn't have one previously.

Napalm

I would look at Bestop brand soft tops. You get what you pay for. They are the best, and make a lot of the factory tops. Just a quick look and it looks like the frame less style top does not come with uppers, you would have to buy them separately. You can order the Bestop Supertop with uppers but it is a frame style and comes with everything needed to install a soft top onto your jeep if you didn't have one previously.

X2 to this. Also to add on, Bestop has one of the best warranties in the business!

suicideking

I'd also go with a Bestop. I just put on a RAT (replace a top) and it fits great, material is top notch. I have an OEM replacement, but know many that have the frameless. Quality is good, but a PIA to put on and take off.

I also looked into the frameless. Very few people with the Soft Topper. Haven't read anything bad about it though.

The Rampage has mixed reviews. Many report poor quality with zippers and straps breaking way too easily.

Regarding the uppers. Most tops won't come with them, but they can be ordered separately. I ended up getting the Rampage upper replacements which I've had for a year and a half and don't have any complaints. I think they were around $75 for the pair (just upper replacement skins).

Irish Pirate

I just put on the Rampage soft top as well. I went with the sail cloth option. I absolutely love this top. It fits just right. Looks amazing. My favorite part is the pockets up top to keep the back three Windows. They are always with the vehicle but out of the way. And they have their own pockets so the plastic doesn't get scratched.

Hands down the best top I've ever come across.

geberhard

Douchebag
I have a Smittybilt frameless top I bought form rockriders.com (I added the two upper fronts for extra). The material is pretty sweet and great finish and I was surprised on the quality and zippers and the tinted windows. Works great without issues, and easy install. The Rampage setup is also pretty solid. Bestop frameless has great quality (I have their frame top on the wife's TJ) but was almost double of the Smitty setup so was hard to justify the $$$$ on a frameless top that will survive maybe 4 years.

herb04

I am going to have to switch it up and get a new rear axel instead and build as cheap as possible. I had some issues with mine and instead of sinking money into the 35 I will just get a new one, really looking at dana44 and 97+ chry 8.25. thanks for the input folks. ill keep this in mind when I save up some cash for a new top

patr1ckm

Softopper and Rampage are good, but Bestop is a lot better in terms of quality and warranty. I'm very pleased with my Supertop NX. Low noise, easy to convert from closed to open to bikini style top, and easily collapsible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom