Anybody running currie 4" lift?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
No comment on the lifts, but regarding the antirock, you're not gaining anything and ultimately wasting money.

The stock rear sway bar will not hinder any articulation.

CCJKUR

No comment on the lifts, but regarding the antirock, you're not gaining anything and ultimately wasting money.

The stock rear sway bar will not hinder any articulation.

We'll I busted my stock rubicon front sway and so I bought the currie and absolutely love it.

Thanks for the info might save me a little

projectMMTB

I know a guy who has their coils and arms and he doesn't like the coils at all. He loves the arms but the coils ride fairly stiff.
It's all personal preference but I've been in it and I also thought it was a little rough

CCJKUR

I know a guy who has their coils and arms and he doesn't like the coils at all. He loves the arms but the coils ride fairly stiff.
It's all personal preference but I've been in it and I also thought it was a little rough

Oh ok I haven't heard that yet. Thanks for the info. There's just to many dam options hahah. Best upgrade is on its way.

Wayalife windshield sticker

JohnnyWest

Have the Currie 4" lift with front and rear Anti Rocks on both. Love the way they ride. No issues at all. The white Jeep got hit today by a chick that ran a red light. Hit the drivers front wheel. Jeep still drives perfect.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455948374.092797.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455948412.752088.jpg
I like how you can see the beadlock bolts perfect in her bumper and hood.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455948443.760972.jpg

rogerk93

I don't have any experience with any of those lift but I'm ordering the 4inch Currie lift. What I've got from others is that their control arms are top notch and it is pretty much a complete kit. Most kits on the market are always missing a few things. Currie is a top brand so I have faith in their parts to handle the abuse I'm going to give it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I installed an tested a Currie 4" lift early on and you're determined to get it, the write-up I did for it will help you to install it. You can see it by clicking on this link:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...ck-jock-suspension-lift-installation-write-up

As far as the lift itself goes, you really can't go wrong with Currie control arms. They are really well made and come with their Johnny Joints, a setup that is hard to beat. Ride quality is 100% subjective and for me, I wasn't really a fan of their coils. The dual rate coils they use felt a bit firm side for my taste and didn't offer the kind of stuff I would prefer. Also, I really don't like the fact that this kit utilizes a dropped pitman arm as opposed to a drag link flip and while the front track bar relocation bracket does require you weld it on to the front axle, I personally have seen and have installed better setups. Regarding the Antirock, I have found them to be too soft for sudden maneuvers on pavement and way too stiff for off road use and contrary to what the fans choose to believe, I have found them to LIMIT flex and considerably so. Of course, this is to say nothing about how noisy they are. If you choose to get the Currie kit, I personally would save your money and NOT get the Antirocks to go with it. Of course, all this is just my personally opinion and based on my experiences.

CCJKUR

Well that's for all the opinions so far I also don't like the drop pitman arm, but hey can always buy a flip kit. I've also looked at synergy stuff.

I think I'm set on currie arms and that leaves coils to be chosen.

How do people like the evo plush rides? I've heard they sag after a little while.

Driver

Fox shocks are awesome no doubt. I looked at the Currie looks like a nice lift. I'm kinda old school I like pulling a pin to unhook my sway bars. Not sure if I'd like the Antirock. I think it would have to limit your flex somewhat.

CCJKUR

Fox shocks are awesome no doubt. I looked at the Currie looks like a nice lift. I'm kinda old school I like pulling a pin to unhook my sway bars. Not sure if I'd like the Antirock. I think it would have to limit your flex somewhat.

Yeah they are sweet. I did a flexible test with out a sway bar and with the antirock it's barley noticeable. Just a little more body roll is all

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How do people like the evo plush rides? I've heard they sag after a little while.

The pros of the Plush Ride coils is that it's without question the softest riding coil you can get. Super comfortable and allows for plenty of stuff. The cons is that they are really soft and while they won't "sag after a little while" as you've erroneously heard, they will compress (you will loose height) when loaded up with a lot of gear. When I ran them, I installed a set of 1" coil spacers in the rear to help make up the difference and it worked well for me.

Yeah they are sweet. I did a flexible test with out a sway bar and with the antirock it's barley noticeable. Just a little more body roll is all

You barely noticed anything because the suspension components on the Jeep you tested this on was binding and/or had shocks that were too short and limited any more flex. Try that same test with a lift kit that offers BIG bind free flex like on a Jeep with coil overs. I can assure you the Antirock WILL LIMIT your flex but of course, you can choose to believe whatever it is you want to believe. :yup:

CCJKUR

You barely noticed anything because the suspension components on the Jeep you tested this on was binding and/or had shocks that were too short and limited any more flex. Try that same test with a lift kit that offers BIG bind free flex like on a Jeep with coil overs. I can assure you the Antirock WILL LIMIT your flex but of course, you can choose to believe whatever it is you want to believe. :yup:

That's is true I'm sure and I'll have to test it when the bigger lift goes on it.

Lucky51

For what it's worth I have an 09 jku and I have the currie 4" lift with the currie steering no anti rock. I've been running it for about 5 months and I do have to agree with the fact that the springs are a little rough (stiff) but I've been overall happy so far. No experience with any other lifts.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For what it's worth I have an 09 jku and I have the currie 4" lift with the currie steering no anti rock. I've been running it for about 5 months and I do have to agree with the fact that the springs are a little rough (stiff) but I've been overall happy so far. No experience with any other lifts.

Thank you for chiming in with that.

As I had stated earlier, Currie makes great arms, joints and steering components like their tie-rod. The dual rated springs are not my personal cup of tea but then, ride quality is 100% subjective. I would prefer a drag link flip over a dropped pitman arm and I am not a fan of the Antirock due to the fact that they are noisy and WILL limit flex. This is all based on my personal experience.

Top Bottom