Hear Me Roar! Manly Exhaust, but need to quiet down

UNLIMITED_FUN

Last year I bought a Magnaflow MFL17143 and a resonator from Northridge 4x4 and put on my Wrangler. This has a manly aggressive growl indeed, but I need something more stealthy.

My plan is to sell this in WA state as barely used and put OEM or something more quiet in it's place.

Here's the catch - I want to stay on the drivers side and stub out at the rear tire, I don't want to go back to the space behind the bumper.

Please let me know exactly what you bought that's dead-assed quiet, not speculation. I want to most quiet exhaust that can happen on this 3.8.

Then I want to see if it's possible to stay on the drivers run and bolt in the same places.

Thx for your experiences.

UNLIMITED_FUN

I saw it as a possibility, and the post "I see on the sound chart that this system uses the Ultraflo muffler which is the third quietest muffler."

It's nice to see how to get stubbed out behind the rear wheel too.

Thx for the reminder.

Last edited:

UNLIMITED_FUN

After speaking to a number of muffler shops, MOPAR, local Jeep service parts dept, random strangers that will listen . . it does seem that there's no more quiet way than to return to stock at the rear bumper
frown.gif

I'm going to post on CL and see if anyone wants to do a swap on a 2007 - 2011 3.8lt exhaust.

I swapped my racing seats for stock in a parking pot with an impact wrench in 20 minutes, so maybe I can get about the same thing done.

Thx for all the info!

Top Bottom