Why I own a Jeep

Uncle Jimmy

Becuz I've always wanted a jeep and now have the means of owning one! Yeah it's a new Cherokee TH and I can't do a lot of mods to it but it's my first actual new vehicle purchase... I could have gone with just about anything but I wanted a jeep! Now I want a wrangler that I can build and play around in with my step son and daughter!

Jeepin is a Wayalife for me and my family, we all love it!!

Rocksalt

also because they are utilitarian.. every other suv has become more and more car like, and less about utility. Plus.. what other rig can you take doors /top off?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

brizon85

Grandmother passed away and I inherited my 09 jk. She lived in Colorado and always loved Jeeps. I have always owned trucks and wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it. I will probably get another truck one day, but the jeep will always be mine. Being able to mod almost every aspect keeps it new ;)

ChiliDawg

also because they are utilitarian.. every other suv has become more and more car like, and less about utility. Plus.. what other rig can you take doors /top off?

Are they really though? I mean, honestly? I always thought the XJ was a very utilitarian vehicle. Wranglers though? They're impractical. Not great gas mileage. Little cargo space. Ranks among the least sensible vehicles for someone who uses a vehicle like most people do - 99% on the road to work, shopping, out and about and occasionally off the beaten path. Wranglers require an acceptance of impracticality in exchange for more fun. But they're cool. And we are nothing if not overgrown 12 year old boys (and girls[emoji854])

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
In the wise words of Jeremy Clarkson, in order for us to develop a relationship with a vehicle, it had to have human qualities, and therefore it must have faults. I know I've had a rocky history with Jeep, but still love them more than any other vehicle out there. Well, Wrangler and Raptors lol. Sure, I could get a different brand off road vehicle, and it would probably be better than my beloved Jeep 90% of the time. But, it's still not my open top, doors off Wrangler!

Rocksalt

Are they really though? I mean, honestly? I always thought the XJ was a very utilitarian vehicle. Wranglers though? They're impractical. Not great gas mileage. Little cargo space. Ranks among the least sensible vehicles for someone who uses a vehicle like most people do - 99% on the road to work, shopping, out and about and occasionally off the beaten path. Wranglers require an acceptance of impracticality in exchange for more fun. But they're cool. And we are nothing if not overgrown 12 year old boys (and girls[emoji854])

by utilitarian I mean not swoop designed.. exposed and available bolts, surfaces.. ability to mod.. that is utility for me

Rocksalt

In the wise words of Jeremy Clarkson, in order for us to develop a relationship with a vehicle, it had to have human qualities, and therefore it must have faults. I know I've had a rocky history with Jeep, but still love them more than any other vehicle out there. Well, Wrangler and Raptors lol. Sure, I could get a different brand off road vehicle, and it would probably be better than my beloved Jeep 90% of the time. But, it's still not my open top, doors off Wrangler!

amen!

BumblebeeZA

I own a Jeep because the bug bit when I bought my first one.
My first Jeep was a 2003 Jeep Cherokee Red River Edition (same as your Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition)

Since then I could not own any other brand.

Jeep has been the most reliable and also the cheapest to maintain out of all my vehicles even though I have bought secondhand, it has still proven to be the most reliable to me.
I now drive a 08 JKUR and I have had it now for 2 years, its paid for in full and takes me anywhere. When I climb into my Jeep I fall in love with all over again.
I honestly ask myself this every now and then... WHAT WILL I DRIVE WHEN THERE ARE NO MORE WRANGLERS AROUND ONE DAY???????

It is such a beautiful machine and such an icon!
Wow my post is sounding like a love affair... oh shyte.... maybe it is a love affair :shock:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Jeepfiend23

I was given the gift of "Jeep Brain" at the early age of 3 riding in my day CJ3A which would later become mine at the age of 16 along with a CJ2A. I have Jeep radar ama see every one that comes within 50 feet, I can't help but stare as it drives by. I know own and care for a 73 CJ5 and count the days till I can afford my next Jeep.

Sent from my SM-T817T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug

Clinically, you are spot on. I think it’s those moments when we are vulnerable that true bonds are made, regardless of the impractical issues that people argue about. Example: I’m taking a shower when a thief decides that would be a great time to break in my house. Rounding the corner of my kitchen, buck naked, two hands on the weapon, I see my dog with the biggest grin on her face. Broken pain of glass on the door, door unlocked, a little bit of blood on the floor, and drips on the patio. True bonding moment with my best friend!
Case in point, Jeepen with my bro’s, behind the leader/trail guide, he says this is one at a time and wait for his signal over the CB. Can’t see where he’s gone. Get the signal. Down into a creek and up the other side, climbing to a ridge and down. Two trails, both bad. Go left. My passenger, his 13 year old son, my dog, and me all utter “shit” at the same time. Headed down into a pit, very steep and long climb out the other side. Turn the front locker on, shift the auto to 2nd, over the radio, the guide says “you were supposed to go right”. No tracks out the other side today. Punch it and in we go. Mud flying, out of the pit we come, slowly. Working the steering; chunks of clay the size of hands and feet shooting out of the wheel wells, raining down on the hood and top. Inch by inch we move forward. Up we go. Back onto the main trail we claw. Breathe now. A little laugh. A few high fives. Trail guide laughing and shaking his head. Sounds of metal expansion, pings and tinks, steam rising from the freshly baked clay on the Jeep. All the work on the Jeep and the build succeeded. I love this Jeep! Till death do us part!

Top Bottom