VIDEO - RENEGADE SNOW DAY : Snow Wheeling a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Up until about a week ago, daytime temps were up in the 70's and I was wearing shorts, flip-flops and was thinking about stripping down one of our Jeep JK Wranglers. Of course, just when I was sure that winter was finally over, mother nature had a way of reminding me of where I lived and up here in Northern Nevada, things can have a way of changing dramatically and all overnight. After waking up at the crack of dawn to a blanket of fresh snow on the ground and snow still coming down, Cindy and I decided to skip a cup of joe, loaded up our Renegade and got out into the white stuff! It was after all a RENEGADE SNOW DAY and we had to get out and lay down some fresh tracks before it all disappeared.

In this short video, you'll get to see our 1.5" Daystar lifted Jeep Renegade Trailhawk running 225/75R16 Cooper STT Pro tires playing in about a foot of fresh powder up in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Having rained hard just prior to changing to snow the night before, the ground underneath the white stuff was very slick. Amazingly, the Cooper STT's hooked up great and did a great job of clearing themselves. You will even get to see our Renegade take on a couple of steep snowy hills. One climb was even rutted enough to almost keep us from making the climb. We hope you enjoy the clip.

:cool:

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
That's a great video. Renny really tackles whatever you throw at him/her/it (covering all the bases) Thank you for sharing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's a great video. Renny really tackles whatever you throw at him/her/it (covering all the bases) Thank you for sharing.

LOL!! Thanks. It really has be a surprise to us but so far, our little Renegade really has been able to take on just about anything we throw at it. Or, maybe I should say "him" :D

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for capturing the hill climbs on video. I'm really considering those tires for my next set.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of gas mileage are you seeing with this thing now that you've added the lift and tires and roof rack.

So, we were getting about 28 MPG stock and even with me driving. With the roof rack, we were getting about 24 MPG and now that we are running bigger mud terrain tires, we are seeing more like 20 MPG. Granted, this is with me driving. If someone more conservative behind the wheel were driving, you'd probably see more. :crazyeyes:

Thanks for capturing the hill climbs on video. I'm really considering those tires for my next set.

Believe me, I'm sold and will be getting a set for Rubicat.

Wethy

Pretty sweet video of Renny! I'm impressed. Was it the just the video or are the LED DRL's flashing?

JAGS

Hooked
That was a fun little vid. Liked the music selection and sound editing. [emoji106][emoji106]

Top Bottom