Steering stabilizers what should i get?

nickram

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456107392.699917.jpg
Anyone know anything about steering stabilizers I want to get one
I have a 2 door jk with a a 2.5 inch teraflex lift and 35 inch tires

Long Haul

My stocker on my 1st Jeep was a POS and blew out a couple months after I bought the Jeep new....FYI, the Jeep was 100% stock when the stocker blew out no lift no added armor..

Not the best pic but the Rough Country dual was a solid piece would buy another..

steering-stabilizer_87349a-base.jpg

Again, there is zero need to buy an aftermarket SS. the factory one is fine. End in the event it breaks, get another stock one for cheap.

Long Haul

Again, there is zero need to buy an aftermarket SS. the factory one is fine. End in the event it breaks, get another stock one for cheap.

in my case it wasn't fine.. :)

I've always been of the opinion that when something breaks replace it with something stronger/better.......IMO I did just that.

Plus, I like to decide what my needs are..

Last edited:

I've always been of the opinion that whe something breaks replace it with something stronger/better.......IMO I did just that.

Plus, I like to decide what my needs are..
And it is your money, so by all means spend it how you want. Im of the opinion that the aftermarket SS setups can mask problems, rather than provide any real benefit. If your steering/suspension is dialed in, you really could run without one at all.

What hapoened to the factory one?

Long Haul

And it is your money, so by all means spend it how you want. Im of the opinion that the aftermarket SS setups can mask problems, rather than provide any real benefit. If your steering/suspension is dialed in, you really could run without one at all.

What hapoened to the factory one?

No idea..

I started fighting the dreaded death wobble shortly after I bought the Jeep new, again it was 100% stock at that point.....Numerous trips to the dealer failed to correct whatever the problem was..
Then I noticed the stocker was leaking, so me being me I said 'eff this and bought a really big band aid in the form of the RC dual....Whatever the problem was the RC dual masked it enough so I could drive the thing w/o worrying about death wobble....I had got to the point where I knew which bumps in the road around here would trigger death wobble......not good at all :grayno:

WJCO

Meme King
I too was convinced that my aftermarket ss fixed my DW about a year ago. I had several other Jeepers argue with me that it didn't fix it and I didn't agree. A year later I can say that I was wrong. It did not fix it. SS will hide DW and whatever part is causing DW will gradually wear more even while it is hidden. DW can even be a tire issue. Mine ended up being a track bar bolt that had rusted threads and wouldn't fully torque down the bushing sleeve.

Death wobble is nothing to mess with at highway speed.. :mad:
Im just guessing, but a violent death wobble, especially if reoccouring, is enough to ruin a factory stabilizer i would think. Not something it is intended to be subjected to. Id bet thats what caused it to leak

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No idea..

I started fighting the dreaded death wobble shortly after I bought the Jeep new, again it was 100% stock at that point.....Numerous trips to the dealer failed to correct whatever the problem was..
Then I noticed the stocker was leaking, so me being me I said 'eff this and bought a really big band aid in the form of the RC dual....Whatever the problem was the RC dual masked it enough so I could drive the thing w/o worrying about death wobble....I had got to the point where I knew which bumps in the road around here would trigger death wobble......not good at all :grayno:

Solid plan. Good way to fuck other things up.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

I've always been of the opinion that when something breaks replace it with something stronger/better.......IMO I did just that.

You would like to think that.

No idea..

Death wobble is nothing to mess with at highway speed.. :mad:

Sounds like a solid plan. Glad you don't live near me. Please do yourself and everybody else a favor and find out the source of the death wobble instead of putting a band aid on it. Don't be dumb.

Long Haul

You would like to think that.

Sounds like a solid plan. Glad you don't live near me. Please do yourself and everybody else a favor and find out the source of the death wobble instead of putting a band aid on it. Don't be dumb.

Thats was for the dealer to decide under warranty not me I'm not an ASE certified mechanic....As posted above it was my 1st JK and was traded off years ago..

Thank you for your concern though, very thoughtfull.. :)

Long Haul

Im just guessing, but a violent death wobble, especially if reoccouring, is enough to ruin a factory stabilizer i would think. Not something it is intended to be subjected to. Id bet thats what caused it to leak

yep, you are probably right on that one....

So far the JK I just brought home has been spot on perfect, hoping that continues !

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Thats was for the dealer to decide under warranty not me I'm not an ASE certified mechanic)

So they replaced the leaking one under warranty with a rough country dual kit at no cost to you? :thinking:

How did you get them to do that? :daydream:

Top Bottom