WINDROCK End of Summer Pre-Run #3 - May 13-15

thardy

Banned
This will be the third, AND FINAL, official pre-run for the 2016 End of Summer Run at Windrock Park in TN. There will be at least two run groups, more will be added based on those attending. One group will be to focus on the Advanced trails and the other to focus on the Intermediate and Beginner/Scenic trails. If you are interested in joining this run, please let me know which group you would like to be apart of. If you would like to run the Advanced group, please list your build stats (lift, tire size, lockers, winch, sliders, etc). The actual trails being run will depend on weather.

DATE:
May 13-14 (my plan is to get up there early on the 13th to be able to ride both the 13th and 14th)

912 Windrock Road
Oliver Springs, TN 37840

LODGING:
Windrock Park Campground
555 Windrock Park Lane
Oliver Springs, TN 37840
(865) 435-1251
*There are multiple options at the Windrock Campgrounds. You can choose to primitive camp, RV camp, or to rent a cabin.

Comfort Inn Oak Ridge
433 S. Rutgers Ave.
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
865-481-8200

Windrock Bed & Breakfast
450 Half Moon Road
Oliver Springs, TN 37840
865-776-5683

Quality Inn
216 S. Rutgers Ave.
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
865-483-6809

PERMITS:
Permits can be purchased at the Windrock General Store, Windrock Campground Office, Comfort Inn Oak Ridge, Windrock Bed and Breakfast, and Shell Fun Food (557 Tri-County Boulevard, Oliver Springs, TN 37840). EVERYONE NEEDS TO HAVE A PERMIT AT ALL TIMES WHEN ON THE TRAILS, THIS INCLUDES PASSENGERS. Yes, they do run permit checks.

ATTENDING: (The Advanced group will be capped at 8 rigs and the Intermediate/Scenic at 10 rigs. Should those wanting to attend, justify additional run groups, they will be added as needed.)

IF YOU PLAN ON ARRIVING FRIDAY WITH THE INTENT TO WHEEL, WE WILL BE HEADING OUT AROUND 1:00pm, NO LATER, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO WE CAN MAKE SURE NOT TO LEAVE ANYONE. An asterix by your name means that you will be wheeling on Friday.

Friday's run will be: Meet at Windrock Campground Office between 12:30 and 1pm. Will head out on asphalt (PROMPTLY at 1PM) on 330 to 116 and enter trail at G50. We will run 50 to 53 to G55 to 61 to 62 and up to The Flats. This will an Intermediate run that encompasses everyone attending. If people want to get daring and run 54a (Devil's Elbow), there is a way to do so and tie back in at The Flats. There are also plenty of areas to play at The Flats.

SATURDAY: We will meet at the General Store. We will have a Driver's Meeting at 8:30am and be loaded up heading to the trails at 9:00am. Unlike last time, if you are not at the store, ready to roll at 9, you will be left.

Advanced Group 1 - P1 to 15 to G5 to 5 to G6 to 42 to 43 loop to 42 to 49 to 6 to G6 to G5 to 22 to 21 to 21a to P1 (This route could be modified based on time constraints.)
thardy*
1. MedixJK*
2. Honor2afault
3. JKDOC1*
4. Hodsden
5. swampdog*
6. Lone Ranger/Jeep dad
7. agarciadrummer

Advanced Group 2 - P1 to G5 to 5 to G6 to G39 to 39 (once completed 39, play on 40(Rail Trail), 40a(Rail Trail bypass), and 3), then head back towards 15, 21, 38....
1. Grubbicon
2. dmdaniels1
3. Coop*
4. jkwebbie*
5. GR8WHITE/hhunter050
6. MattMC*

Intermediate/Scenic Group - 1 to 2 to 24 to P1 to 22 to G5 to G37 to 20 loop to 4 to G2 to G37 to G1 to P1
1. trailless*
2. whytiptoe*
3. southernyankeejeep
4. BroncoRubi
5. trailless's buddy

MAYBE:
projectMMTB (advanced)
epetry (advanced)
kep01 (advanced)

Last edited:

jkwebbie

I feel like me, Matt and Scott are always the first ones to sign up....and we come to all of them lol

projectMMTB

Might be a dumb question but oh well.
Do you know if the drive is very hilly? Such as up and threw the North Georgia mountains?
My dad wanted to come and bring the camper but even with his f250 he's not comfortable driving it threw the narrow winding roads since its 36ft...
Go on ahead and put me down as a maybe for advanced group either way

thardy

Banned
Might be a dumb question but oh well.
Do you know if the drive is very hilly? Such as up and threw the North Georgia mountains?
My dad wanted to come and bring the camper but even with his f250 he's not comfortable driving it threw the narrow winding roads since its 36ft...
Go on ahead and put me down as a maybe for advanced group either way

It's really not bad if you go straight up 75 to 162 into Oak Ridge.

I feel like me, Matt and Scott are always the first ones to sign up....and we come to all of them lol
we definately are....and im ok with that. Lol. Hopefully i can make it. Might be a job switch on the horizon. Details to come...
Lol your probably right. What we gonna cut on your jeep this time?
i gurantee we can talk him into cutting something...or maybe we can drill some holes in it

jkwebbie

we definately are....and im ok with that. Lol. Hopefully i can make it. Might be a job switch on the horizon. Details to come...
i gurantee we can talk him into cutting something...or maybe we can drill some holes in it

Yay for the maybe new job!!!!
Hey now! I don't want any holes in my Jeep!!! Or cut anything else off of it lol

Grubbicon

I say we just drill his door out when hes not paying attention.

Grubbicon

You may not know this, but every time we have been wheeling together, I've had my pistol on my side...fully loaded. Just let that sink in lol

Oh Im well aware. I got a lot of fat. Long as you dont shoot straight through me Im good lmao.

jkwebbie

Oh Im well aware. I got a lot of fat. Long as you dont shoot straight through me Im good lmao.

Haha I won't shoot you...just as long as you don't drill or cut anything off my Jeep!!!!!

Lol, I have skid plates but definitely not enough to be dragged around all day!

My plans for 37's have been put on hold for now......

Just throw some 37s on it and drive it up!!!!!!

Top Bottom