Warn M8000

NotAllWhoWander

I am looking to add a winch. i have a JKU Rubicon Hard Rock. Is the m-8000 enough winch, or should I be looking at something that can pull more weight?

thanks

LurancJK

I havent had my m8000 for long but got a good black friday deal at northridge and love it. Works great but only used it twice so far. Mine is a 2 door though so a good bit lighter than a jku
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456246287.261751.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456246329.262739.jpg

zimm

Caught the Bug
Because synthetic is better than steel. It's a nice quality cable and easier than buying a standard, upgrading to synthetic later for $200plus, throwing away the steel line, respooling winch, replacing roller fair lead with a smooth aluminum one. Enough reasons? Been there, done that.

How about no kinks, no burrs in hands, and not killing or maiming someone if the cable lets go under tension. There's a reason tug boats and big ships use synthetic amsteel line....

Bosunmate

Because synthetic is better than steel. It's a nice quality cable and easier than buying a standard, upgrading to synthetic later for $200plus, throwing away the steel line, respooling winch, replacing roller fair lead with a smooth aluminum one. Enough reasons? Been there, done that.

How about no kinks, no burrs in hands, and not killing or maiming someone if the cable lets go under tension. There's a reason tug boats and big ships use synthetic amsteel line....

As a Towboat/Tug boat Captain, I agree. Synthetic line is used to connect the barges to the Towboat. They are much safer, stronger and lighter to handle. You do have to take care not to chafe the line. They are easy to damage. I've got a M8000S on order myself.

Eezybreezy08

I did steel, because I'm a cheap bastard.

I'm the same exact way as you. Plus steel lines have worked for a long time to. So that's why I'm not worried about sticking with steal. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against synthetic and its capabilities.

Top Bottom