2 Questions for the experts

Long Haul

Greetings members,

Started smelling antifreeze yesterday but could not find a leak....Was in Cortland today so I swung by the dealer that I bought the Jeep from a week ago....Turns out the raidator needs to be replaced as it has a tiny leak underneath the shroud....They said this is the 2nd radiator they have seen with a leak in that same area under the shroud...3-5 days for the new one to come is what the service dept said.. :rolleyes2:
Anybody had radiator issues with a newer JK (mine is a 2014) ??

My rear view mirror has a power bottom on it and a green light that comes on when I push said power button....Whilst at the dealer with time to kill today I actually read my owners manual but didn't see any mention of what the deal is with the mirror...........WTF does that power button turn on/off ??

ok, those are my n00b questions for today.. :)

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
My rear view mirror has a power bottom on it and a green light that comes on when I push said power button....Whilst at the dealer with time to kill today I actually read my owners manual but didn't see any mention of what the deal is with the mirror...........WTF does that power button turn on/off ??

ok, those are my n00b questions for today.. :)

Auto darkening of the rear view mirror. Instead of having the little switch that changed the orientation of the rear view mirror for the bright lights behind you it has an auto darkening feature.

Long Haul

Auto darkening of the rear view mirror. Instead of having the little switch that changed the orientation of the rear view mirror for the bright lights behind you it has an auto darkening feature.

thats cool......thanks

At 1st I was thinking it might turn on and off a compass/outside temp feature, but I found that already..

Long Haul

My sincere thanks to Cortland Chrysler Dodge Jeep for getting me in quickly as I'm not from the area and was just passing thru..

They seem like a pretty good dealer so far for any of you members in CNY.. :cool:

wyorubi

I have been having the same coolant smell coming from my 14 jku. I checked the thermostat, water pump and today I finally pulled the shroud and found a tiny leak between the black plastic radiator tank on the drivers side and the radiator. I am thinking of going with an all aluminum radiator from mishimoto, as it seems alot of the 14 jks have had this radiator issue. Does anyone here have any experience with any of the aftermarket aluminum radiators?

Irish Pirate

I have been having the same coolant smell coming from my 14 jku. I checked the thermostat, water pump and today I finally pulled the shroud and found a tiny leak between the black plastic radiator tank on the drivers side and the radiator. I am thinking of going with an all aluminum radiator from mishimoto, as it seems alot of the 14 jks have had this radiator issue. Does anyone here have any experience with any of the aftermarket aluminum radiators?

I put a Mishimoto in my TJ about a year ago. I absolutely love it.

Top Bottom