Evo mfg enforcer pro stage 1

Stick

Anyone running this on there Jeep? I'm wondering how easy of an install it is, I know the description says minimal drilling / cutting required but will someone will limited skills be able to do this? How long did it take to install and do you have any pictures of it completed? I've been thinking of ordering this and either running 35" or possible 37" tires with this kit. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Havoc40

Honest question. Why do you want coilovers?

There's quite a few of us running this suspension on here. It's an awesome setup and not terribly difficult to install with the right tools. I installed mine by myself over a weekend. Depending on the answer to the above question, I'd seriously look at the standard Enforcer with King 2.5 shocks and drag link flip kit. This will ride better than out of the box EVO Spec coilovers.

Stick

There's quite a few of us running this suspension on here. It's an awesome setup and not terribly difficult to install with the right tools. I installed mine by myself over a weekend. Depending on the answer to the above question, I'd seriously look at the standard Enforcer with King 2.5 shocks and drag link flip kit. This will ride better than out of the box EVO Spec coilovers.

The only reason I was thinking coilovers was this kit looks to be adjustable in height, so if I started with 35" tires and then moved on to 37's later i could make the adjustments to help with any clearance issuses I had. That's the only reason really besides that I have the money for it. I had my first taste of off roading little over a week ago and I'm hooked and my thinking was get something that would be able to help get my Jeep over anything. I will look into the suggestion you made and I appreciate it. I am deffinitely a noob when it comes to anything in this area hence why I asked the question in the first place, I want to do this right the first time.

And thanks Napalm for the link to the other thread I had forgotten about it. I will read through it today.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
The only reason I was thinking coilovers was this kit looks to be adjustable in height, so if I started with 35" tires and then moved on to 37's later i could make the adjustments to help with any clearance issuses I had. That's the only reason really besides that I have the money for it. I had my first taste of off roading little over a week ago and I'm hooked and my thinking was get something that would be able to help get my Jeep over anything. I will look into the suggestion you made and I appreciate it. I am deffinitely a noob when it comes to anything in this area hence why I asked the question in the first place, I want to do this right the first time.

And thanks Napalm for the link to the other thread I had forgotten about it. I will read through it today.

As another option you could look at the standard enforcer (standard coil & shock kit). Start with their 3" kit for when you are using 35s and then buy the 4" coils when you step up to 37s. You could then sell your 3" coils on here or craigslist (or wherever). The only difference between the 3" & 4" standard enforcer kits are the spring length and bump stop height.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I essentially run this kit on my jeep (I say essentially because I pieced it together over time). I love it. It offers a great ride, tons of flex and adjustability, and it's the last lift I will probably ever run on my jeep.

All that being said if I had to do it all over again I would get it. Being that I'm on the east coast I can't fully use it for all that it's worth and don't have the skills or the tools to be able to maintain them or fine tune them even more. If I had to do it again I would have done the 3" enforcer with either the rancho 9000 shocks or the king 2.5 adjustable shocks.

Havoc40

Fair enough. Congrats on catching the Jeep bug :)

The only reason I went coilovers is because I've used them in one form or another my entire life. I have all the tools/equipment to rebuild them and understand them. Most people don't have a clue how to properly set them up. IMO they're not really suited for beginners. That said, if you like tweaking and learning, it's not a bad thing to just jump right in with both feet. Especially if you have the funds to do so! If you drive fast, want a little bit extra travel, and want the ability to tune them exactly for your driving style/rig...they're absolutely awesome!!

From the sound of it you'd be better off with the standard Enforcer kit, though. If you go with the 3" coils it'll fit 35's with full fenders, and 37's with flat or cut fenders.

EDIT! Everybody beat me to it...I forgot to hit reply before going to lunch :D

Napalm

Glad to help :)

wbgoode77

Why do you say the King 2.5's will ride better than the "Out of the box EVO Spec coilovers"? Haven't the coilovers been tuned for the best ride possible (specifically valved coupled with the most appropriate spring rate)?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Why do you say the King 2.5's will ride better than the "Out of the box EVO Spec coilovers"? Haven't the coilovers been tuned for the best ride possible (specifically valved coupled with the most appropriate spring rate)?

The enforcer w/ a 2.5 king is a better ride for road and daily use and performs just as well in the rocks. In the desert for high speed stuff the coilovers win hands down. Just depends on the intended use of the coilovers.

Shuffle

Do you guys think the 2.0's hold back the Jeep at all? Slow crawling shouldn't heat up the shocks much but if the jeep gets a little heavy with armor and gear plus four adults. I'm just trying to figure out if piecing together a kit with 2.5 coil overs is worth the extra expense and install time compared to the EVO coil over kit. I don't do a lot of really technical crawling, I'm trying to smooth out the ride at 25-35 MPH along trails and fire roads.

Top Bottom