VIDEO : MOBY Climbing Sand Ledge on Moab's Metal Masher Trail

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With the 2016 Moab Easter Jeep Safari coming up, Cindy and I thought it would be fun go through our old videos and post up short clips of some of the fun we've had over the years. In this clip, you'll get to see Cindy take on the far left side of Sand Ledge, a tough inverted shelf on the Metal Masher Trail and in our 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler known as Moby, back when he was still just running a factory 3.8L V6 Motor and a 6-speed manual transmission. We hope enjoy :cool:

JeepJeep75

I can not wait to go to Moab!! I'm looking forward to letting my wife learn how to drive like that!! [emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, the good old days. Great clip!

LOL!! You're telling me. In a lot of ways, I sure do miss having a manual but I can't say the same about the motor :crazyeyes:

I can not wait to go to Moab!! I'm looking forward to letting my wife learn how to drive like that!! [emoji106]

That's awesome. I hope to get my wife out driving a bunch starting in a few months.

Awesome! Nothing better than having your significant other just as into driving as you :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow nice clip Eddie, Moby took it on like a champ and good driving Cindy

Thanks! We've seen this stupid ledge break all kinds of drive shafts and ring and pinions. It's a tough one but Cindy hit it just right and stuck with it to the top. :yup:

speed3d

I think she'd be breaking stuff on mine w/35's- be tough to even get started; probably just smash into it like a building! Mine is still new enough I think I'd crap myself just hearing the initial crunch of the front bumper- haven't lost much paint off my Evo pro, yet, but that would surely break it in!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think she'd be breaking stuff on mine w/35's- be tough to even get started; probably just smash into it like a building! Mine is still new enough I think I'd crap myself just hearing the initial crunch of the front bumper- haven't lost much paint off my Evo pro, yet, but that would surely break it in!

LOL!! Truth be told, on this side of the ledge, it's pretty hard to do it in anything less than a 40. At least, in a big heavy JK with a v6 motor. We've seen a lot of carnage on here over the years.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Just watched it for the second time! Absolutely fantastic! Also gives me hope that my wife and I will be able to conquer obstacles like that with our standard trans. :yup: (with bigger tires of course)

swampdog

Just watched it for the second time! Absolutely fantastic! Also gives me hope that my wife and I will be able to conquer obstacles like that with our standard trans. :yup: (with bigger tires of course)

I just watched it a second time as well. Very impressive. I've got to get my fiancé to have the desire to learn to drive the six speed. When it comes to off-roading, both she and the jeep are a work in progress!

Top Bottom