Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep won't start

Jeep won't start

Seriously what the hell is going on? It's like all of a sudden this jeep has gotten cursed. I turned the car on this morning, drove to the bank and now I move the ignition to start and nothing, it won't crank. Disconnected the batteries and still nothing. Battery meter on the Genesis system show the batteries as full so it is not that. Any ideas???

Had the same thing happen on my TJ. Took me forever to figure it out. It was an ignition actuator. Basically a part that runs between the key and ignition switch. Picked up a new one at the parts store for $45-ish. Easy enough fix. I hear it's a pretty common issue

Does this happen with both keys? I remember Eddie saying he had one of his keys work for everything but actually starting the jeep as it ended up not syncing with the jeep anymore.

Knows a Thing or Two Thegreenmachine12's Avatar
    The starters seem to be prone to going out as well. I had that happen a couple years back.
    2012 Gecko JKU
    Dynatrac PR80 rear & PR60 front, 6.2L LS3 430HP swap, 6" Teraflex longarm, ATX Slabs, 37" Goodyears

It's a Wayalife!

Knows a Thing or Two Thegreenmachine12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    Does this happen with both keys? I remember Eddie saying he had one of his keys work for everything but actually starting the jeep as it ended up not syncing with the jeep anymore.
    Yeah I think they call it the "sentry key". But even if you don't have the chip in the key it will let you start the Jeep up but it will turn off after a second or two.
    2012 Gecko JKU
    Dynatrac PR80 rear & PR60 front, 6.2L LS3 430HP swap, 6" Teraflex longarm, ATX Slabs, 37" Goodyears

It's a Wayalife!

Currently at the dealership,had to tow it, unfortunately it decided to do this, at the bank on my way to work and not at my house so I couldn't test with the other key

Tech checked it, according to him the ignition fuse blew, I'm not sure if it is one on the dash because when they gave me the jeep back, the side of the dash by the font passenger speaker was unset by the odb2 port. And the ones on the engine bay were fine since that was the first place I checked...

Quote Originally Posted by jorgelrod View Post
    Tech checked it, according to him the ignition fuse blew, I'm not sure if it is one on the dash because when they gave me the jeep back, the side of the dash by the font passenger speaker was unset by the odb2 port. And the ones on the engine bay were fine since that was the first place I checked...
    Wonder what would cause that to blow? Before this happened, were you using any kind of aftermarket accessories that you don't normally use?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Wonder what would cause that to blow? Before this happened, were you using any kind of aftermarket accessories that you don't normally use?
    Nope, I'm completely baffled...

Quote Originally Posted by jorgelrod View Post
    wouldn't be caused by the dual battery setup?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast