Jeep won't start

jorgelrod

Hooked
Seriously what the hell is going on? It's like all of a sudden this jeep has gotten cursed. I turned the car on this morning, drove to the bank and now I move the ignition to start and nothing, it won't crank. Disconnected the batteries and still nothing. Battery meter on the Genesis system show the batteries as full so it is not that. Any ideas???

Irish Pirate

Had the same thing happen on my TJ. Took me forever to figure it out. It was an ignition actuator. Basically a part that runs between the key and ignition switch. Picked up a new one at the parts store for $45-ish. Easy enough fix. I hear it's a pretty common issue

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Does this happen with both keys? I remember Eddie saying he had one of his keys work for everything but actually starting the jeep as it ended up not syncing with the jeep anymore.

Does this happen with both keys? I remember Eddie saying he had one of his keys work for everything but actually starting the jeep as it ended up not syncing with the jeep anymore.

Yeah I think they call it the "sentry key". But even if you don't have the chip in the key it will let you start the Jeep up but it will turn off after a second or two.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Currently at the dealership,had to tow it, unfortunately it decided to do this, at the bank on my way to work and not at my house so I couldn't test with the other key

jorgelrod

Hooked
Tech checked it, according to him the ignition fuse blew, I'm not sure if it is one on the dash because when they gave me the jeep back, the side of the dash by the font passenger speaker was unset by the odb2 port. And the ones on the engine bay were fine since that was the first place I checked...

WJCO

Meme King
Tech checked it, according to him the ignition fuse blew, I'm not sure if it is one on the dash because when they gave me the jeep back, the side of the dash by the font passenger speaker was unset by the odb2 port. And the ones on the engine bay were fine since that was the first place I checked...

Wonder what would cause that to blow? Before this happened, were you using any kind of aftermarket accessories that you don't normally use?

jeeeep

Hooked

wouldn't be caused by the dual battery setup?

mrguinness

I know your issue has been resolved. Just an idea, my jeep 2007 kept doing that once in a while where it wont start all of a sudden and the keyless entry was not working at all. I removed a fuse for 30 seconds i believe it was IOD M13 on my jeep. Then it started back again. The dealer told me it was a faulty wcm module which they replaced. Have not had that issue again. crossing fingers.

Top Bottom