12 v Cigarette Lighter Power Port not Working

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Does anyone know where you can buy a factory replacement online. The fuse is fine, and the outlet in the console works. It has to be the outlet, itself, because it began to work intermittently before it stopped, altogether.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456852504.701098.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm guessing any 12V DC socket will work since the cover is on the outside you can reuse it.

WJCO

Meme King
I just looked and couldn't find one. I would make sure ground circuit has continuity and power circuit has continuity. I bet it is something loose as well.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I just looked and couldn't find one. I would make sure ground circuit has continuity and power circuit has continuity. I bet it is something loose as well.

Crap. I guess I'll pull it off twice if I have to.

WJCO

Meme King
Crap. I guess I'll pull it off twice if I have to.

You could always pull it off and if everything appears tight, take the socket down to the local parts store and match it up just to make sure it will fit. They usually have them in the 'Help!' section or electrical aisle. 10-15 bucks.

Winterhawk

I had one that stopped working. There are 2 fuses that reference to the power adapter. One for the Power Port and 1 for the cigarette lighter.
Found a blown fuse

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't replace it unless it was mangled or broken. Usually if it works intermittently it's because the internal tang that holds the plug in has lost tension. I haven't looked at a jk but you can usually get a small screwdriver in there and bend it back out a little.

Alternatively is it only one device that your having issue with in that socket? Sometimes the plug can be too small to make good contact

james2003w

I have looked high and low for that part number and can't find it. You could talk to the parts department at the dealer for the part number... then go shopping online. (I do this all the time, Kyle knows I'm just trying to save a couple few $$)

Top Bottom