Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate TRUE TIRE SIZE Database

Quote Originally Posted by Wethy View Post
    And I went to the good year site to find what they say the side was is supposed to be and that's where I got the 33" from.
    LOL!! I hope you don't take this the wrong way but if what is stated on Goodyear's website were accurate, we wouldn't need a thread like this to point out what the "TRUE" height of all our tires are. That is why I am asking everyone to post up pics EXACTLY like the ones I have posted, with a VERIFIED 30 PSI in the tire and with a note as to HOW MANY MILES are on that tire. You still have not posted any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    This is a great thread! This will help a ton of people out.
    Thanks! So long as we can get everyone to follow the EXACT SAME metric, I think it can be quite helpful.

The Ultimate TRUE TIRE SIZE Database

BF Goodrich A/T K02

Stated Size on Sidewall - 35x12.50x17

Actual Measured Size - 33-3/4" with 2,500 Miles (aired up to 30 psi for picture from typical 28 psi)

Side note - tire shine was NOT added by me, car wash guy snuck it on...ashamed

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456940698.500339.jpg
    Last edited by swampdog; 03-02-2016 at 05:47 PM. Reason: PSI confirmation
    "It’s so hard for me to sit back here in this studio, looking at a guy out here, hollering my name!—When last year I spent more money, on spilled liquor, in bars from one side of this world to the other, than you made! You’re talking to the Rolex wearing, diamond ring wearing, kiss stealing, [WHOO!] wheelin dealin’, limousine riding, jet flying son of a gun and i'm having a hard time holding these alligators down!"

BFG Mud Terrain (non KM2)
    Size Stated on Sidewall: 255/75R17
    Actual Height: 30-1/8" with unknown miles. Tire measures 10/32 in outer tread groove. New tire measures 19/32 in same groove.

DSC02958.jpg

Used tire. Unknown mileage.
    DSC02960.jpg

New tire:

DSC02963.jpg
    Last edited by WJCO; 03-02-2016 at 07:20 PM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Been Around the Block shadowpaige64507's Avatar
    Nitto Trail Grappler
    Size Stated On Sidewall: 315/70R17
    Actual Height: 33-1/8" with about 8,000 miles
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456941704.835157.jpg

Fresh Catch
    BF Goodrich M/T KM2
    Size Stated on Sidewall: 35x12.50R15
    Actual Height: 33-3/8" with about 2000 miles
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456943605.870583.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! I hope you don't take this the wrong way but if what is stated on Goodyear's website were accurate, we wouldn't need a thread like this to point out what the "TRUE" height of all our tires are. That is why I am asking everyone to post up pics EXACTLY like the ones I have posted, with a VERIFIED 30 PSI in the tire and with a note as to HOW MANY MILES are on that tire. You still have not posted any of that.
    Don't worry I don't take it wrong. I just was on lunch and posted the info I did as 32" was the actual height at 30 psi when I put the tire on and hadn't gotten a chance to take a picture to verify with a tape measure and I will do so when I'm at home later! I do apologize for any confusion I may have caused
    '14 JK Sport Anvil 6-Spd 3.73 gearing
    Installed:
    -Rubicon Express 2.5" lift with monotube shocks
    - Cobra Cb 18 WX STII
    - 285/70/17 Duratracs
    - 1.5" G2 Wheel Spacers
    - Rigid Dually Spots
    - Poison Spyder A-Pillar Mounts
    -RC 2.5" swaybar disco's

Awaiting Install:
    -

Nice thread! This should help a ton of people understand more...including me. Subscribed!
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

B.F. Goodrich km 2
    265/70/R17
    About 7000 miles.
    30 1/4
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast