Reprogramming needed for 33" tires on a manual transmission?

Bosunmate

I will be picking up the new Rubicon I ordered next week. The dealer will be changing out the stock tires and rims for my 33" tires/wheels. Do I need to have the "computer" reprogrammed as it is a manual transmission? Is this something the dealership could simply do? Thanks.

My dealership would not do this for me. So I have not reprogramed. It works for me without any reprogramming and I don't think I lost any mileage either.

cmireles

I will be picking up the new Rubicon I ordered next week. The dealer will be changing out the stock tires and rims for my 33" tires/wheels. Do I need to have the "computer" reprogrammed as it is a manual transmission? Is this something the dealership could simply do? Thanks.

Being a manual the only thing you would be recalibrating is the speedo. But I wouldn't buy a procal for such a small size change.

austin160

I run 33's and my speedo was about 9 mph off, which changed my trip by -.5 for every 2 miles driven. Procal is worth it for 170$ new, it will do more than just the speedo too.

cmireles

I run 33's and my speedo was about 9 mph off, which changed my trip by -.5 for every 2 miles driven. Procal is worth it for 170$ new, it will do more than just the speedo too.

Something isn't right there. 285/70/17s have a 3mph difference at 75mph.

austin160

I clocked it against two different methods, gps and speedometer app and with another car pacing. It was 6-9 miles off at 60mph+

Bosunmate

Thanks to all for your comments. I will just let it ride on 33s for now and research all the capabilities of a Procal..

Top Bottom