Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 35 inch tires

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Mesquite,NV
    Posts
    4

    35 inch tires

    I want to change my JL Wrangler Sport stock look. Thinking of a 2 inch lift and 35 inch tires. My questions are:
    1. Will I need to regear once the 35 inch tires are put on?
    2. What backspacing would you recommend?

    3.6 L V6
    8-speed 850RE automatic transmission
    3.45 gear ratio
    Current tires - 245/75R17 All terrain

    Sent from my SM-T510 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #2
    Nothing but a Thing Red Knight15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,035
    I don’t have a JL. But from what people are saying you won’t need a regear. The 8 speed transmission is awesome.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #3
    Addict BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Knight15 View Post
    I don’t have a JL. But from what people are saying you won’t need a regear. The 8 speed transmission is awesome.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah, but don't the ones saying that have 4.10s?



    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  4. #4
    Nothing but a Thing 2007 JKU CANADA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    1,334
    I have a JL sport which I put 35" tires on and I feel there is no need to re-gear. I just went with the aev 2" spacer lift, which comes with the snap so you can re calibrate your speedo. as far as back spacing goes, not sure, I added 1.625" synergy wheel spacers.
    2018 sting gray JL Sport
    SOLD my O7 JKUX

  5. #5
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    54,780
    Quote Originally Posted by P&PJeep View Post
    I want to change my JL Wrangler Sport stock look. Thinking of a 2 inch lift and 35 inch tires. My questions are:
    1. Will I need to regear once the 35 inch tires are put on?
    2. What backspacing would you recommend?

    3.6 L V6
    8-speed 850RE automatic transmission
    3.45 gear ratio
    Current tires - 245/75R17 All terrain
    Being that you have the 8-speed auto, you should be fine with 35's. My rule of thumb is to regear ONLY if you feel the need for it AFTER running bigger tires. No need to spend money on something you don't really need.

  6. #6
    Nothing but a Thing Red Knight15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Yeah, but don't the ones saying that have 4.10s?



    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Folks I talked with have 37s and they are pleased. So 35s shouldn’t be no issue in my opinion. But I haven’t drove one.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #7
    Old Timer jdofmemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Menifee CA
    Posts
    2,659
    I would say it will be fine. Only regear afterwards if you are not happy with the performance.

    For reference, the JL with 4.10 gears and 37s performed at least as good plus got way better mileage compared to my JK on 37s with 5.13 gears.

  8. #8
    Addict BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Knight15 View Post
    Folks I talked with have 37s and they are pleased. So 35s shouldn’t be no issue in my opinion. But I haven’t drove one.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah, but I meant the gearing. Everyone I've seen talking about it had a Rubicon or a Sport with the Max Tow package both of which, I believe, have 4.10s, not 3.45.



    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  9. #9
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Mesquite,NV
    Posts
    4
    Thanks for your input.

    Sent from my SM-T510 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. 37 inch tires 3 inch lift parts?
    By wiseguy127 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-17-2019, 07:29 PM
  2. 37 inch tires on 2 inch lift
    By limon_three in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-11-2019, 04:08 PM
  3. So-cal. Wtb 35 inch tires
    By Jaimegomez8 in forum Wanted
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2016, 03:55 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2014, 02:20 AM
  5. 35 Inch Tires
    By jonyuri253 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 07-20-2013, 03:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS