Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CoWj Build /I'm back

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by xwaz View Post
    Will do. Once I get the money needed to build it.
    Welcome to the club on that ha. Work that overtime

Quote Originally Posted by CCJKUR View Post
    Welcome to the club on that ha. Work that overtime
    Hopefully I'll be able to sell my other project which is a 07 4runner v8 to fund most of this.

Nothing but a Thing NecessaryEvil's Avatar
    I really love my WJ. I to have the 4.7 with 545rfe and quadratec. Mated with some duratracs, it has been the ultimate winter vehicle. That being said, the winters have eaten her up. I am going to have to cut both rockers out and replace with something custom. Also every bushing in every control arms are shot and shocks are bad, so I will be needing to either to replace or by a lift kit. Lol other then that, great jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by NecessaryEvil View Post
    I really love my WJ. I to have the 4.7 with 545rfe and quadratec. Mated with some duratracs, it has been the ultimate winter vehicle. That being said, the winters have eaten her up. I am going to have to cut both rockers out and replace with something custom. Also every bushing in every control arms are shot and shocks are bad, so I will be needing to either to replace or by a lift kit. Lol other then that, great jeep.
    I think it might be worth to through a 3" short arm on just for the little extra clearance expecially if the jeep will see mild trails that you maybe don't wanna take the big ol' jk out on and just wanna cruiser in a/c and comfort . For The rocker you cab always cut them off then weld on some 2x4 rectangular steel tube as a slider then weld out rigers that bolt to the frame for extra support.
    Last edited by xwaz; 03-08-2016 at 05:00 AM.

First things first. Gotta start fixing the neglect from the previous owners yes ownerS there were 7 but I'm gonna hold on for a long time.
    The drivers door panel was suffering from the infamous short door wire problem which ment that the main negative wire that runs out of the door was a couple cm too short and had actually broken inside the rubber boot because of stress of normal door operation. This meant that the driver door controls didn't work when the door was open and sometimes worked when it was closed. So I went it and spliced a 2" piece in between the two broken pieces so that it wouldn't have any more stress and after a few minutes it was working perfectly again. Next is passenger side auto locking is broken sounds like a stripped gear. And then new driver seat motor. Possibly ill fix the heated seat as well for those chilly Colorado mornings.

Only pic but you can kind of see the new wire.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Next is passenger side auto locking is broken sounds like a stripped gear.
    Actuator. Mine did it too. I found a used junkyard one on ebay for 30 bucks. Has worked for almost a year now.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Actuator. Mine did it too. I found a used junkyard one on ebay for 30 bucks. Has worked for almost a year now.
    Hasn't the actuator is was just 1 power wire that runs to it that had broken.

Hasn't the actuator is was just 1 power wire that runs to it that had broken.
    Ok. Gotcha. Thought you were dealing with two separate problems.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    First things forst had to flex out the suspension which had probably never seen dirt in its life and wont till its gone and the jeep is lifted.
    Nice WJ. Low miles, too.

Build Thread-- http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...l-II-The-Deuce

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast