Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CoWj Build /I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Ok. Gotcha. Thought you were dealing with two separate problems.
    Yeh the door issue was just the wire. The seat however I believe the motor is burned out cause I can hear the relays clicking all the way to under the seat but no movement forward or back.

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Nice WJ. Low miles, too.
    Thanks! (Extra spacing so eddie is happy)

Alright so I probably should update this since I am actually starting to use it and prepping for a bit of a easy trip at the end of the months. So I have actually started to document my build in short videos that are typically around 8-10 minutes in length. I will post the link to all 3 episodes in the next post.
    However this post is to update on what has happened over the past month.
    For starters I have just been going through the Jeep looking for little issues I can fix with stuff I have laying around. I fixed a couple of rattles with loose heat shields and have been testing the suspension on my rock. I have also completed the first off road oriented mod purely for fun and it is only temporary. It was a diy sway bar quick disconnection foe the front to to see what the suspension would be able to do when there is no sway bar limitations and I have to say the front 4 link/5 link and the rear 3 link a arm.

Here is EP. 1 introduction to the build and plans. https://youtu.be/FdhLztKMCXU
    Here is Ep. 2 history behind the project. https://youtu.be/IjWM8ET9MrU
    Here is Ep. 3 DIY sway bar disco and flex demonstration. https://youtu.be/brQ_vKDLnYY
    Attached Images Attached Images

As for today I went and had to get the Jeep fully registered with my nice old plates that were originally assigned to my mom back in 1995 (and yes 4 years before I was born) So far this is vehicle #5 vehicle to use these plates.
    As for emissions testing the Jeep passed with beyond flying Colors. I had noticed while the Jeep was on the 4wd dyno it kept try to climb out of the holes for the front wheels, so I guess you could say it ready to climb rocks! Maybe not giant ones but that will come soon enough.

Ok as for the trip that is in planning it is known as the dinosaur run it is something that my friend has been running solo on his dual sport bike. It is from the Gates of Lodore in Dinosaur Colorado and going all the way to Craig Colorado off road through the desert and canyons. We are hoping the route will end up being around 100-120 miles of dirt and sand and maybe a few ruts and rocks to test out the Quadra-Drive system . It is looking to be 3 days on the trail but 4.5-5 days totally including driving the 4 hours from boulder to Craig and then 1 hour more to dinosaur the next day.
    For preparation I have made the choice to swap tires from the bald and very dry rotted sport highway style 245/65r17s for some half tread all season that are not dry rotted, they are a 225/65r17 so about .5" smaller and a 1" or so thinner. Not a big issue. The tires were actually left overs from our Toyota highlander and amazingly they will fit, which is a huge breath of fresh air since the old tires I had 0 faith in them to make it more than a few more miles.

Sounds like a fun trip. Take lots of pictures.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Sounds like a fun trip. Take lots of pictures.
    Will do. Going with a couple jks and then a Toyota and Nissan.

Quick update. Toyota is sold. That means I have 17500 to build the Jeep. Well actually 12750 (price of Jeep taken out) so I've already jumps on the old inter weds and ordered up a bunch of parts.
    and here's a little 3d rendering of what I want the final to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by xwaz View Post
    Quick update. Toyota is sold. That means I have 17500 to build the Jeep. Well actually 12750 (price of Jeep taken out) so I've already jumps on the old inter weds and ordered up a bunch of parts.
    and here's a little 3d rendering of what I want the final to look like.
    Looks good. 35s or 37s? FYI do your research on the lift. I've heard way better feedback on Clayton over IRO. No personal experience though.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Looks good. 35s or 37s? FYI do your research on the lift. I've heard way better feedback on Clayton over IRO. No personal experience though.
    I'm only going 32s in a 235/85r16. I've heard good things from both companies but with the way I'm building and wheeling the rig I have no need to go as extreme as the Clayton's with the weld in sub frame and all that. Plus the price of a base cost around 3k then either welding it in my my self or taking it to a shop and doing it. I talked to a friend that did bend his iro arms but that was running 40" tires on a supercharged 5.9 zj while running carnage canyon. So my 32s and running light trails I dont think I'll have an issue.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast