Tube doors

Gadget

Caught the Bug
A woman my wife works with just got a new 2016 4 door, she wants to take the doors off and put tube doors on, who makes a decent set?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If she wants the open air feel but it still to be a little enclosed then the rancho doors are what I would suggest

ktreat

I have the Ranchos with the Spiderwebshades on and use them as much as the weather allows. Love the open air feel and the quality of the fit.

Here is a shot of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_2260.JPG
    IMG_2260.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 288

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I plan to eventually get the rancho doors I think due to being able to run the spider shade skins on them

Byte

Saving for the Ranchos myself. I don't really like them as much as the Rugged Ridge as just plain tube doors. I like the RR horizontal cross bar better than the Rancho's angled cross bars but throw the SpiderWebs on them and I really like the look. So while I do the saving I've got some time to decide.

So here's a question I just thought of...do the Ranchos have the post/mount for the limit strap on the fronts? Not seeing one on any of the pics at webstores. Going to be getting an extra set of mirrors whichever way I go and I'd be more inclined to choose a set of doors that has a limit strap mount point already built in for a clean install look. Shouldn't be too hard to improvise a solution if it came to it I suppose. I do see them on the RRs. I like the look of the HighRock Elements too but not seeing limit strap mounts on them either. Their mirrors are nice looking and the bagged covers seem nice.

Oh another question, anybody running electric mirrors with tube doors? That's something else I have been considering. Probably completely unnecessary. Just curious what others have experienced doing so.

USMC Wrangler

Saving for the Ranchos myself. I don't really like them as much as the Rugged Ridge as just plain tube doors. I like the RR horizontal cross bar better than the Rancho's angled cross bars but throw the SpiderWebs on them and I really like the look. So while I do the saving I've got some time to decide.

So here's a question I just thought of...do the Ranchos have the post/mount for the limit strap on the fronts? Not seeing one on any of the pics at webstores. Going to be getting an extra set of mirrors whichever way I go and I'd be more inclined to choose a set of doors that has a limit strap mount point already built in for a clean install look. Shouldn't be too hard to improvise a solution if it came to it I suppose. I do see them on the RRs. I like the look of the HighRock Elements too but not seeing limit strap mounts on them either. Their mirrors are nice looking and the bagged covers seem nice.

Oh another question, anybody running electric mirrors with tube doors? That's something else I have been considering. Probably completely unnecessary. Just curious what others have experienced doing so.

I ended up making my own set of doors. As far as the limiting straps go, I bought a replacement set of straps with the hardware to mount them to the doors. The straps were Velcro and weren't very secure so I made some out of paracord while using the mounting hardware that came in the kit.

All you really need is a sturdy loop that you can attach to the door and some paracord, should you choose to go that route. This has worked perfectly over the past year.

EDIT:

These are what I used for the LS hardware. http://m.quadratec.com/products/product.php?pid=13029+9001

The black metal loops are fine, the Velcro isn't worth the price, in my 1st hand experience.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457565923.460212.jpg

Last edited:

Byte

Yeah those EVO's do look sweet! More like half doors with good drainage...

Thanks USMC. Looks like an easy solution to the limit strap dilemma. I think a paracord solution would look great. Maybe even wrapped/woven around the tube frame in such a manner that they don't come off the door at all. Something to ponder while the money ever so slowly stacks up!

USMC Wrangler

Yeah those EVO's do look sweet! More like half doors with good drainage...

Thanks USMC. Looks like an easy solution to the limit strap dilemma. I think a paracord solution would look great. Maybe even wrapped/woven around the tube frame in such a manner that they don't come off the door at all. Something to ponder while the money ever so slowly stacks up!

Yes, exactly! My loops are around the hardware on the door, then the knotted ends go over the hooks mounted on the Jeep. Here's a pic from the door build thread. If you want more detailed pics I can shoot some this weekend.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457624448.165429.jpg

Byte

Yes, exactly! My loops are around the hardware on the door, then the knotted ends go over the hooks mounted on the Jeep. Here's a pic from the door build thread. If you want more detailed pics I can shoot some this weekend.

View attachment 192177

Nope that one is perfect. Thanks!

Any issue with the screws working themselves loose? Being drilled straight through the tube wall, it doesn't seem like Loc-Tite would have enough surface area to be very effective. But then I guess with a soft strap there shouldn't be so much vibration against the mount that a hand tight screw should ever work itself loose. :thinking:

I should probably stop being so OCD...

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I'm bias :)
2 things
Thanks again to USMC Wrangler I just added the straps to my Amazon wish list
And I am surprised at how much dust/debris the skinz do keep out, this past summer my graphic design guy wanted some pics with out the skinz, I got them for him, and I threw the skinz in the sink. SO much dirt came out!!

:beer:

I also have the Savvy half doors, my kids really like these especially if they are on a long road trip with me.

FB_IMG_14015484222395635_zps6bbe6eea.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Good looking Jeep, Matt. Forgive me for my ignorance, but what purpose do these straps serve? No half door knowledge for my WJ :grayno:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Basically adding these straps or doing the paracord around the door and attaching them to the JK door latch saves them from swinging all the way out and hitting the cowl on the front.
Whenever I have our tube doors or the half doors on I am constantly trying to "catch" the doors when the kids open it :)

Good looking Jeep, Matt. Forgive me for my ignorance, but what purpose do these straps serve? No half door knowledge for my WJ :grayno:

WJCO

Meme King
Basically adding these straps or doing the paracord around the door and attaching them to the JK door latch saves them from swinging all the way out and hitting the cowl on the front.
Whenever I have our tube doors or the half doors on I am constantly trying to "catch" the doors when the kids open it :)

Got it. Makes sense. Thanks.

USMC Wrangler

Nope that one is perfect. Thanks!

Any issue with the screws working themselves loose? Being drilled straight through the tube wall, it doesn't seem like Loc-Tite would have enough surface area to be very effective. But then I guess with a soft strap there shouldn't be so much vibration against the mount that a hand tight screw should ever work itself loose. :thinking:

I should probably stop being so OCD...

I haven't had any issues with the screws coming loose. Really there isn't any pressure on them unless the door is swung all the way out. My four kids have tested them thoroughly for me! [emoji15]

I'm bias :)
2 things
Thanks again to USMC Wrangler I just added the straps to my Amazon wish list

Glad to help!

Eugene the Jeep

I have Body Armor 4X4. Very easy to install and easy to adjust. They don't rattle on or off road. The only thing I did was get some 1" Foam rubber pipe insulation to replace the foam supplied with the doors which a little thin. You can use TJ mirrors with these doors.

20150428_170654.jpg

Top Bottom