Phone Charger

ajchavarria

I have a Samsung phone with fast charge capability, and a plug in cigarette charger. When I use it in other vehicles, my phone states it is fast charging. This is not so in my 2015 JKUR. Is this a JK thing, or do I have an issue? Thanx!

mcgyvr

Jeep socket should do 12V @ 10A (120Watts)..
Whats the output rating on the charger supposed to be? Probably much less I'd guess.. 15W?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
My Samsung Note 3 does not fast charge with my plug in cigarette charger in any 3 of our vehicles (may be the adapter). It does fast charge in the JKUR inverter socket as well as the USB ports in our Subaru and Infiniti.

james2003w

My iPhone didn't fast charge when I had it in the Accessory (Keyed) outlet, but it worked fine in the Direct Connect (Battery/Always on).

james2003w

I have a four port usb high speed charger in my middle console works with all phones/tablets that have been plugged into it. Rapid charge on two ports. All you need is the normal USB cable. My friend has one of those chargers you have and they have issues with it.

http://amzn.com/B00Z1762Z4

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I use something like this and seem to have no problem

charger.jpg

Would like to add one of these to my Daystar panel down the road.

usb2.jpg

usb.jpg

ajchavarria

I have a four port usb high speed charger in my middle console works with all phones/tablets that have been plugged into it. Rapid charge on two ports. All you need is the normal USB cable. My friend has one of those chargers you have and they have issues with it.

http://amzn.com/B00Z1762Z4

Nice!

My issue though, is that this charger WILL rapid charge when plugged in to other vehicles, but not in my JK.

I can forget about using the USB ports altogether because even though the phone recognizes they are plugged in, it doesn't charge...

james2003w

Nice!

My issue though, is that this charger WILL rapid charge when plugged in to other vehicles, but not in my JK.

I can forget about using the USB ports altogether because even though the phone recognizes they are plugged in, it doesn't charge...

That sounds like the port your using just isn't getting the juice it needs... or theres a bad connection... or it's not sitting plugged in right. Do you have other Cig lighters? I have three on my Jeep. Is it the same thing in all them?

WJCO

Meme King
break out the DMM (Digital Multi Meter)! Measure the current and voltage coming out of your ports... if it's the same in other cars, then I have no idea what to tell you.

^Yep. Do this. Check for heavy corrosion on your battery cables too that would cause high circuit resistance, but I doubt that will be it.

It's probably the charger itself. Those cheap throw away charges like that are always a hit and miss kinda thing for all my vehicles and electronics.

Test the sockets with a multi meter if your worried it's your Jeep.

ajchavarria

It's probably the charger itself. Those cheap throw away charges like that are always a hit and miss kinda thing for all my vehicles and electronics.

Test the sockets with a multi meter if your worried it's your Jeep.

Works fine in other vehicles. Just wondering if other JK owners had this issue. . .used my wife's car charger, same thing. Upgraded phones and chargers, same thing. I'll have to YouTube "how to use multimeters" because I'm kind of a knuckledragger.......

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have only every used the usb port in my jeep or the plug socket for charging my phone and things so I cant comment on this sadly. I always forget I actually have a cigarette lighter socket.

Top Bottom