Is there such a thing as...

SynysterHD

A Jeep snob? Today while at the grocery, a real nice 2 door JK rolls up and says to me "nice JK". So I returned the compliment and then a 4 door drives passed us and waves, I wave back and notice that he didn't wave. Instead, he tells me that 4 door Jeeps are for wannabes and soccer moms and aren't real Jeeps. I just kinda shrugged it off. We talked for a few mins about what mods we want and so forth then parted ways.

I really like the look of a modded 4 door with 37's, We were very close to buying a White JKU, but the wife really wanted a 2 door. I will go wheeling with and help wrench on any Jeep 2 or 4 door.

This just blew my mind that someone who was obviously passionate about the Jeep life could down a fellow Jeeper. :bummed:

Atch

There are a ton of haters out there. Wether it be the hatred of the jk's or certain colors or 4 drs.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Man, there are a bunch of haters out there. People who won't even wave because you don't even have the same model. I still wave anyway.

Skirmish

I'll even wave at an FJ or Taco if its built. Can't seem to allow the H2 in...maybe if I saw a Humvee.

JKBANDIT55

I'll even wave at an FJ or Taco if its built. Can't seem to allow the H2 in...maybe if I saw a Humvee.

Lol, I wave at Tacomas, simply out of respect since I used to have a built one and had no complaints about it.

I stopped waving at stock jeeps.

Long story short,but true, back in 08 with my first JK, I was taking the GF on her first trail ride and on the way explained how the jeep culture and community is like one big family. I explained the waive and told her how us jeepers as a culture are here to help eachother out... Next thing I know I see a stock jk, I waive and got no waive back. She laughs. I seen another stocker coming behind me, It gets in the next lane and passes me, ya I waived again with no response.:thinking: So now feeling like an idiot giving her this talk about jeeps I saw another jeep right before the trail and decided Ill give it one more shot to prove to her, and yes.. SHUT DOWN AGAIN... HAHA. she makes fun of me to this day. On the way back I see a built JKU, He waived first:brows:. She says "Finally you got someone to waive at you, I always thought people waived at me because of my looks. it must be my jeep patriot":doh::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

arashi

A Jeep snob? Today while at the grocery, a real nice 2 door JK rolls up and says to me "nice JK". So I returned the compliment and then a 4 door drives passed us and waves, I wave back and notice that he didn't wave. Instead, he tells me that 4 door Jeeps are for wannabes and soccer moms and aren't real Jeeps. I just kinda shrugged it off. We talked for a few mins about what mods we want and so forth then parted ways.

I really like the look of a modded 4 door with 37's, We were very close to buying a White JKU, but the wife really wanted a 2 door. I will go wheeling with and help wrench on any Jeep 2 or 4 door.

This just blew my mind that someone who was obviously passionate about the Jeep life could down a fellow Jeeper. :bummed:

Ok... I'm a soccer mom then... a Wannabe... NICE!!! I'm good with that!!! Soccer All the way...

orngcrushrgrl

We definitely aren't the soccer mom type. Seems like no one likes to wave in Utah though. Tons of jeeps here yet nobody waves back. :-(

You'd think they would here more than anywhere else but we've gotten more waves in our week and a half in El Paso than we have in our week and a half in Utah.

Zstairlessone

I do wave to certain H2s, my bud found a smoking deal on one while we were looking for a 'Soccer Mom" Unlimited for him. He takes that thing all over, but it's never been to the mall :) I love the look and abilities of a well built 4 door, but only have 2 (no kids or dogs) because that's for me, but a Jeep is a Jeep be it an old flattie, a YJ or a new 4 door

FeltsYouUp

I must admit, when the four door JK's came out I thought that made about as much sense as a four door mustang, which I have heard rumors of, but once I started seeing more and more lifted JKU's and watching videos of what they were capable I was converted quickly. Now I own one!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Unfortunately, you'll find snobs in just about anything and Jeeps are no exception to the rule. Here, on WAYALIFE, we're welcoming of all Jeeps and really, of anything that you can off road. If you enjoy this forum, I can only assume it's because you feel the same way. :yup:

"You are what you love, not what loves you" - Donald Kaufman

Holeshot

Banned
I got a funny story to tell :brows:

The day I bought the jk, which was my second jeep, I told my vendor while signing the contract that they should write in big capital letters on top of the contract that you MUST wave back to fellow jeepers , and then my vendor looked at me with this funny face like he wasn't sure it really exists :doh:

He told me that someday he took a jk as a demo ride for a week and every jeeps (or almost) he came across waved at him but he didn't know about the waivey and he was like WTH why are they waving at me, I don't even know 'em xD . Go figure, a vendor who don't even know the tradition of his products :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It really is unfortunate but, I find that most salesmen at Jeep dealerships don't know the first thing about Jeeps. You would almost think it'd be a prerequisite.

Hightower

It's hard to allow others the freedom to be different without judging them for those differences. One thing that drives my passion for off roading and in particular JK's is the welcoming nature of the off road community. I have had the opportunity to meet and become friends with people as divers as a navy seal, school teachers and even a logger or two (Canadian for lawyers) it's a great community of terrific people.

Unfortunately, you'll find snobs in just about anything and Jeeps are no exception to the rule. Here, on WAYALIFE, we're welcoming of all Jeeps and really, of anything that you can off road. If you enjoy this forum, I can only assume it's because you feel the same way. :yup:

"You are what you love, not what loves you" - Donald Kaufman

Well said Eddie.

BEE'S TWIN

We definitely aren't the soccer mom type. Seems like no one likes to wave in Utah though. Tons of jeeps here yet nobody waves back. :-(

You'd think they would here more than anywhere else but we've gotten more waves in our week and a half in El Paso than we have in our week and a half in Utah.

You need to come north 30 minutes and get the waves I experience the same farther South I go! No waves not sure why

Top Bottom