Rockers with step?

Dcarni27

So I finally ordered my new JKU and I have little bit I time till it comes in :/ The first thing I want to put on it are side steps but didn't want to shell out the 400$ for the stock ones. Thought I'd use the money on the smittybilt rockers with step but haven't heard to many good things about them. Needed the step to make it easier for my fiancé to take the baby in and out but wanted the protection for wheelin.

Trying to kill two birds with one stone. Any recommendations ?

Skid_Kid

I just had my JCR Offroad ones installed. You have to paint or powder coat them yourself. But they are rugged!

image-188410570.jpg

image-2760291957.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run LoD's in the past and they are about as good as it gets when it comes to rock solid rocker guards that also do a great job of serving as a step.

main.php

main.php

Here's an installation write-up I did to help you to see just how easy it is to install...

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...ure-series-rock-sliders-installation-write-up

Gibbo

Hey, those LOD's are very nice, and maybe some non-slip tape from your local boat shop down that out side tube, would make e'm even better in the wet.

StrizzyChris

One of the many parts I have invested a TON of time researching over the last two years and just purchased the LOD's as well a few weeks ago. As already stated, they are...
1-frame mount rather than tub mount like most others are. This will help prevent tub damage if hit hard.
2-they are designed as a slider AND a step while most other frame mounted designs (out of the box) are either or
3-can be installed with basic tools and doesnt require welding!
4-priced right there with everyone else

These points are not bashing any other manufacturer's design, as others have their purpose, but LOD has the edge in my opinion for the all around every man's design!

dahreno

Banned
I have the same issues as you and have looked for awhile for good sliders . I have come to the decision to also get Lod sliders. I won't get bolt to the body because I think if you rock crawl like me , they will leave creases in the body , and you have to drill holes in the body which is rust prone . I like that they go on the frame , has the best step than any of the others.The only problem I have , the rear mount is exactly where my long arm suspension mounts , so when I called them , they said the couldn't do a rear body mount for me , but could send me the rear mount loose and leave it up to me to figure out mounting.I have found someone locally that can make the same exact sliders for me cheaper , and we can figure out a good rear mount location . Good luck !

StrizzyChris

The only problem I have , the rear mount is exactly where my long arm suspension mounts , so when I called them , they said the couldn't do a rear body mount for me

What long arm system did you have problems/same mounting location as the LODs?

Any other systems that people know that the LOD mounting points will interfere with or for sure work with?

dahreno

Banned
It's not the long arm mount that is the problem , it's the long arm itself.It's the 6" Pro Comp kit , and the arms themselves will hit the Lod mount when it articulates . Like I said , Lod can ship the sliders without the rear mount and leave it up to me to figure out , but for the cost of the sliders , then having to figure out and fab. something , I can have a local copy the design , figure out a rear mount , and install it for cheaper . By the way , cost is not an issue , I would rather keep my money in the local economy , and I will be able to have them made the way I want .

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I've got Garvin's on mine and they are welded directly to the frame (can be bolted on too). I like them because they do not mount to the body in any way but offer full protection. I have given my a real workout and they do a great job.

StrizzyChris

I've got Garvin's on mine and they are welded directly to the frame (can be bolted on too). I like them because they do not mount to the body in any way but offer full protection. I have given my a real workout and they do a great job.

Can you post some pics? Ive not seen or heard of these. Interested in their design!

Nevesjk06

Great thread, I'm taking different designs here and there and going to attempt to fab my own. Love the LODs tho, I think that's the design ill start with and tweak here and there.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Last edited:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Here are the pictures of my rock rails. I bolted them on with grade 8 bolts and then welded them to the frame. The have been severely abused and held up great. I selected these because the little people in the family needed a step to get in the Jeep.

What I like is that they do not attach to the body but directly to the frame. The distance they stick out has actually been a plus when sliding along rocks.

image-2168784938.jpg

image-2768195887.jpg

image-3164470435.jpg

Top Bottom