Thread: High Beam Relay

Been Around the Block whytiptoe's Avatar

High Beam Relay

I've searched the forum and could not find anything. Has anyone done the high beam relay mod for the 2016 wrangler. I think I would like to have both my low beam and high beam on at the same time. Not really sure but I think I would and would like to know if anyone has done it and how. Thanks in advance.
    Why Tip Toe Thru Life To Arrive Safely At Death

2016 Hydro Blue JKUR HR

Quote Originally Posted by whytiptoe View Post
    I've searched the forum and could not find anything. Has anyone done the high beam relay mod for the 2016 wrangler. I think I would like to have both my low beam and high beam on at the same time. Not really sure but I think I would and would like to know if anyone has done it and how. Thanks in advance.
    Are you talking about the FOG lights and high beams at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Nick View Post
    Are you talking about the FOG lights and high beams at the same time?
    Sort of, this mod would keep the low beams on as well with the high on.

2016 Hydro Blue JKUR HR

LED or incandescent? The incandescent or halogen would most likely over heat, torching the socket and reflector.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    LED or incandescent? The incandescent or halogen would most likely over heat, torching the socket and reflector.
    Just ordered my JW speakers.

2016 Hydro Blue JKUR HR

Fresh Catch
    I didn't do a mod you keep both on at the same time but I did build a heavy duty headlight relay harness. Used ceramic sockets and replaced the factory plastic light housings with glass Cibie housing. Way better light output and I am able to run much higher wattage lamps.

So you want to drive around blinding everyone 100% of the time by having your lows and highs on at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    So you want to drive around blinding everyone 100% of the time by having your lows and highs on at the same time?
    No not even close, It would be nice to have both high and low on when I use the high beams. I do not want to have them both on the entire time I drive that sir is just ignorant.

2016 Hydro Blue JKUR HR

On my Trucklite's, both are on when the high beams are on. I used my Superchips Flash Paq to keep the fog lights on when the high beams are on.