Rockhard Sport Cage Arrived!

jeeeep

Hooked
My Rockhard cage arrived today, thanks to Wayalife and Rockhard for the awesome giveaway :thumb:

It's going to continue raining through Sunday, how important is it to pre-install the cage?

I'm thinking of taking it to powder coat since that will take a couple of days and install on Sunday, if I wait until I do a pre-fit (Sunday) I may not have time to install it during the week before leaving for EJS.

About how long does it take to install?

Thanks all!

jeeeep

Hooked
good to know, I guess I'll need to take over someone's garage tomorrow night since I have too much crap in mine.

off to powder coat Friday and install on Monday - boy I hope that plan works out :thinking:

thanks for the info

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Congrats again! Yes a pre install is very helpful. It took me forever to learn how to properly put it together but once I got it back from powder it took maybe an hour

sc_rhino

It took me longer than I thought on test fit because I was scared I was going to mess up drilling holes. Take your time.

Coop

Caught the Bug
You'll have to post some pics of your install! By the way, congrats on the cage!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
My Rockhard cage arrived today, thanks to Wayalife and Rockhard for the awesome giveaway :thumb:

It's going to continue raining through Sunday, how important is it to pre-install the cage?

I'm thinking of taking it to powder coat since that will take a couple of days and install on Sunday, if I wait until I do a pre-fit (Sunday) I may not have time to install it during the week before leaving for EJS.

About how long does it take to install?

Thanks all!

:wings::thumb::celebrate::photo::photo::worthless:

jeeeep

Hooked
Go buy a tarp and some PVC and get to fittin!

lol, well... I did cut the seaboard for my rear deck in the living room, I figured it was plastic not as much mess as sawdust, I was partially right :thumb:

Congrats again! Yes a pre install is very helpful. It took me forever to learn how to properly put it together but once I got it back from powder it took maybe an hour

I'm pulling it out of the box and doing a pre-assembly in the living room workshop, figure out how the parts fit sans jeep... I'm getting the evil eye :eek:

Done yet? :D

"Done yet" that's a relative term owning a Jeep lol

^^ This and did you get them wheels polished yet? Geez man get with it!

ughhh the wheels, Sunday project! I've recruited my brother and his gf since they're going to EJS with me :thumb:

jeeeep

Hooked
It's installed! I started the pre-fit late Sunday and was only able to get the side pillars on. Note - Do not attempt this at 1am!!

Ran out of energy quick and thought I could leave the sides on since the driver side door shut with plenty of clearance...then I went to shut the passenger side ughhh no clearance at all even with the spacers. I removed it and called RockHard Monday morning, thanks to James for not calling me a dumb ass :cheesy: he only had to repeat I needed the dash bar to pull in the side for door clearance about 6-7 times before I had that doh! moment.

I didn't put the corner trim in, I tried to trim the driver side and it didn't turn out well, I have another plan I'll take care of after EJS

Got it all pre-fit Monday morning, the dash bar solved all and it went quick after that. Got it to powder coat that afternoon and didn't think they'd get it done in time but they got it done by Wednesday :thumb:.

I'm glad they were able to get the powder coat done fast, we just had a hail storm and it's supposed to rain all day today

Some pics:

20160316_191528.jpg

20160316_191648.jpg

20160316_195247.jpg

Those that have this cage, what's wrong in this pic? :doh:
whats_wrong.jpg

Source of noise I've wasn't able to find until now - both of these windshield bolts were loose! no more weird thump, it always sounded like my inner fenders were hitting the frame. Also the door/B-pillar noise went away. :thumb:
source of noise.jpg

Thanks again Wayalife and RockHard :rock:

Last edited:
Top Bottom