Can my current setup handle 37s?

SainT-314

Hey everybody, need some advice. Currently my Jeep has 33s, but I would like to run a 37. My plan is to keep the COG as low as possible, so I already have a 2.5 inch lift and flat fenders.

My main concern is the drivetrain. After breaking the gears in my Dana 30 twice I upgraded to a Core 44 up front. Im confident this can handle the 37s, but I'm worried that the rear axle will not.

I can't seem to find a solid yes or no on the rear non-Rubi 44 with 37s.

Thanks for any help

Eezybreezy08

I believe it can. You are right about the main concern being the rear end. As long as you don't wheel it to hard the rear should be ok

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The stock 44 is plenty for 37s. Are you more likely to bend a shaft flange? Yes. If you do get a nice set of replacement axle shafts and you will be fine.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Being that you have a 2 door you will naturally sit a little higher which will allow you to run 37's. You will have to trim a lot out of the wheel wells tho to help make room for them as well as possibly make your bump stops longer. If all else fails you can get the Evo 3" plush ride springs for the slight extra clearance you need for the 37's

SainT-314

Thanks for the help. Eventually I would like to do a full stretch to get the rear tires back to the corner but for now I just need to get them under it.

I'm planning on hodgepodging a lift together, going with the Rancho RS9000s. They only have 11 inches of travel but they are way cheaper than a Gamechanger.

As far as springs, are the Evo's going to run much higher than true 3 inches?

I just don't want drive shaft trouble yet.

TennJK

Thanks for the help. Eventually I would like to do a full stretch to get the rear tires back to the corner but for now I just need to get them under it.

I'm planning on hodgepodging a lift together, going with the Rancho RS9000s. They only have 11 inches of travel but they are way cheaper than a Gamechanger.

As far as springs, are the Evo's going to run much higher than true 3 inches?

I just don't want drive shaft trouble yet.

No they are designed to give your jeep exactly what you're asking for. Mine say right at 3" with steel front and rear bumpers.

SainT-314

Awesome, thank you guys very much.

And the 3inch coils will be okay with my factory driveshafts? This Jeep is gonna be my DD for just a few more months.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Awesome, thank you guys very much.

And the 3inch coils will be okay with my factory driveshafts? This Jeep is gonna be my DD for just a few more months.

Yes you will be fine for a little but if you go to wheel you will want DS asap

Top Bottom