Old Dale Mining District-Joshua Tree, CA (April 2016 Feeler)

jesse3638

Hooked
I was thinking of putting together a camping and exploration weekend in the Old Dale Mining District located in Joshua Tree, CA just north of Joshua Tree National Park. I was looking to do this sometime in mid to late April. It's a really neat place to explore the old mining history and see the natural sites. The trails are easy to moderate and a stock jeep will make it no problem. There are some old abandoned home sites that are used by people camping and I was thinking of setting up there. Not sure if we'd do a 1 or 2 night trip. If it was to be a two night trip I was thinking of heading our Friday afternoon to set up camp before sun down. This would allow us to hit the trails early Saturday morning then return to camp and head home sometime Sunday. If anyone is interested please let me know. Once I determine the date I'll put up an official thread to capture all who would like to go.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Sounds fun! That is a really neat area with some cool finds too. Let me know if you get dates ironed out.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Would be up for this as well .. I am off the weekends of April 8,9,10 and 22,23,24. Otherwise i work the other weekends .

Top Bottom