Rigid industry heated trucklites w/pwm adapters

Dopey84

So the wife gave me the go ahead after finally driving Oogie Boogie home tonight to order new headlights... ( she was wondering how I could even drive with them for so long as she thought they were a hazard to even have) lol ... So I know most everyone prefers these lights... So after seeing some reviews I was gonna ask about people's thoughts in the rain/snow with these.. As I know there night and day better than stock either way... How is the visibility in those conditions... And with the adapters does it completely get rid of the flicker or is it still noticeable..?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So the wife gave me the go ahead after finally driving Oogie Boogie home tonight to order new headlights... ( she was wondering how I could even drive with them for so long as she thought they were a hazard to even have) lol ... So I know most everyone prefers these lights... So after seeing some reviews I was gonna ask about people's thoughts in the rain/snow with these.. As I know there night and day better than stock either way... How is the visibility in those conditions... And with the adapters does it completely get rid of the flicker or is it still noticeable..?

I run the non heated truck lites and have great visibility in both conditions. With you getting the heated ones you will be fine in all conditions

I also run the non-heated version and love them. Having moved to Canada in January, I was worried about them being non-heated, but I haven't had any issues with them at all. No icing over or anything.

CastleRockJeep

I do not have personal experience however a friend of mine, who is not on the forum, has non heated truck lites and has had issues in the snow. Forcing her to stop and clear it off...

CJW

I do not have personal experience however a friend of mine, who is not on the forum, has non heated truck lites and has had issues in the snow. Forcing her to stop and clear it off...

I have had the same issue here in CO. The weather seems to be just right for the lights to ice up easily. I wish I had gone with the heated versions.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
No flicker noticed yet. I have the heated ones, not that I need them. I'm in Mississippi so I haven't really tested the heating ability.

WiscoHR

I have the heated version and they do a great job of melting the snow off and clearing even in the harsh winter weather. Only issue I've had is it seems the heating element on the drivers side has stopped working so I'm going to contact about replacement

Dopey84

Well I pulled the trigger and purchase the heated version with pwm! I'm very excited to have some good quality lights on the way! Thanks everyone for your opinions between the heated vs non. Although I'm in Idaho and probably won't need the heated kind ... Better safe than sorry right!

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
I have the heated model with the anti-flicker harness. They provide much more light and the harness have lives up to their name. No issues in snow/ice. I would do the horizontal adjustment mod at the same time as light replacement (see the write-up section)

notnalc68

I have the heated model with the anti-flicker harness. They provide much more light and the harness have lives up to their name. No issues in snow/ice. I would do the horizontal adjustment mod at the same time as light replacement (see the write-up section)

Yep. I did that, too.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
How off was your lights from the stock mounting position when you installed the lights

I did the horizontal adjustment mod at the same time so that sorta throws off the numbers lol. It took maybe 10-15 min of fine adjustment to get everything sit properly. A few turns here, a few turns there. I would recommend buying a Torx wrench that is long & skinny to make said adjustments, T15 I believe is the correct size.

USMC Wrangler

I wished mine were heated a couple months back in a rare SE AZ snowstorm. It was a very heavy, wet snow coming from the west. I was driving westbound and had to stop 3 times in 20 miles to clear them off. When they were not snow packed, the field of view was great. I have driven home at night in heavy rain with great visibility. You won't be disappointed IMO!

SilverBack

I did the horizontal adjustment mod at the same time so that sorta throws off the numbers lol. It took maybe 10-15 min of fine adjustment to get everything sit properly. A few turns here, a few turns there. I would recommend buying a Torx wrench that is long & skinny to make said adjustments, T15 I believe is the correct size.

I didn't have to adjust mine at all. That said I will be doing the horizontal adjustment mod once it warms up.

notnalc68

I wished mine were heated a couple months back in a rare SE AZ snowstorm. It was a very heavy, wet snow coming from the west. I was driving westbound and had to stop 3 times in 20 miles to clear them off. When they were not snow packed, the field of view was great. I have driven home at night in heavy rain with great visibility. You won't be disappointed IMO!

True. It hardly ever snows where I live, but I sprung for the heated ones anyway. You never know when you'll need them.

twoxstreem

:thumb: I have the heated truck lites and PWM adapter. They are great in all conditions and melt the snow. I had the non heated versions and sold them after the first snow storm, they are a disaster in the snow.

I also did the horizontal adjustment mod, i was a little too ruff on the headlight bucket and broke the ring when removing the non adjustable peg, but a little JB weld on both sides and its been fine for more than 1 year.

Top Bottom