Soft top opinion- Full Trek Top or Trek Top NX

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
After 2 yrs of running with my hardtop on or off, I'm going to get a soft top. Most important is ease of install and removal and flexibility. what are folks' experiences with either? I know Many run the "full", but the NX looks cooler. Thanks.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
If you are going with Best Top just make sure to get the NX regardless of whether you go with the Trek-Top (fast back) or the Super-Top (square back)

The NX are built just like the factory tops. I made the mistake of buying just a Super-Top instead of the Super-Top NX and was very disappointed. I have a friend that bought a Trek-Top NX and it is very nice. :twocents:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you are going with Best Top just make sure to get the NX regardless of whether you go with the Trek-Top (fast back) or the Super-Top (square back)

The NX are built just like the factory tops. I made the mistake of buying just a Super-Top instead of the Super-Top NX and was very disappointed. I have a friend that bought a Trek-Top NX and it is very nice. :twocents:

What he said, the NX is made just like a factory top and even functions like one. It's definitely the way to go but, you do have to know that you will lose storage space.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the insights. How much space lost on fastback? I usually only run with myself and one other so I have back seat for storage.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the insights. How much space lost on fastback? I usually only run with myself and one other so I have back seat for storage.

Well, bacically, anything and everything that you might have otherwise stored high up in the cargo area and used the top to kind of hold it all in. Thanks to the slop of the rear window, you pretty much just have what's available from the floor up to the top of the tub and just a bit more. We manage to make it work but, it does take a lot more effort.

JAGS

Hooked
I agree with the NX or maybe look for a new '13 factory takeoff. Those things are nice!!

Oh man, are they ever. The twill fabric and thicker windows are sweet.

I agree. Been searching and nothing out there yet for 2013 soft top take offs. Gonna keep my eyes open though.

Didn't you do a write up/vid from sema that bestop was going to be coming out with a new softtop series to match the 2013 new factory twill and internal lining? Been looking on bestop site and just show 07-12?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. Been searching and nothing out there yet for 2013 soft top take offs. Gonna keep my eyes open though.

Didn't you do a write up/vid from sema that bestop was going to be coming out with a new softtop series to match the 2013 new factory twill and internal lining? Been looking on bestop site and just show 07-12?

Yup, Bestop actually manufacturers the factory soft tops used on Jeeps and what they were showing off at SEMA was the same thing. Super nice.

JAGS

Hooked
Yup, Bestop actually manufacturers the factory soft tops used on Jeeps and what they were showing off at SEMA was the same thing. Super nice.

Yep, that's the vid. :thumb: I'm keeping my eyes on that "price points will vary" and also on that spare tire storage contraption. Cool that it will fit up to 37s. Might make going trek top a little easier. Now, if only I can find that money tree. :broke:

Top Bottom