What were your first JK mods

So I just bought a JKUR and now I can't decide what accessories or mods I want to do first. Cheap/easy accessories or modification would be ideal.

Some things I've considered:
1. Painting the inside of the hardtop to satin black
2. Hothead headliners (not cheap)
3. Build a false cargo floor with some tool bags to slide underneath the deck.
4. Remove headrest springs in back seat to get more visibility.
5. Trim stock fenders

I know every owner makes their jeep unique and want to see what you have done to make it your own. I'm trying to spark some ideas that I haven't thought of before.

Let's see or hear about them!

Jeepnoub

First "mod" I did was paracord handles. I still need to rid something up for my 2 year old to climb in though. Since he insist in climbing in by himself. Everything is "I can do it by myself" with him right now.

aldaman

.......That was a long time ago, but if I remember correctly it was either the shorty antenna or the 3/4" front coil spacers to eliminate the rake.......:beer:

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Did not go the inexpensive route.......

I had been waiting and saving for so long that when I bought mine last summer I dove in......2" AEV lift, back up camera, floor mats, Pintler rims and 33" Duratracs......also cost me a new ring for my wife in November to cool her jets a bit. :crazyeyes:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Before I knew about jeep forums and the jeep Wayalife my first mod was a 2" skyjacker bb lift, 32" tires, and new wheels. After that was an oil pan skid, winch and front bumper.

AC1977

My first mods were the Black and Tan paracord grab handles for the roll cage, head rest, and a pull handle for my 8 and 5 year olds. I made those myself in about 3 hours or so. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457978778.685121.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457978798.702254.jpg
The second mod was actually upgrading my BDS 3" lift with several new parts. My latest addition is my "Wayalife" front windshield decal! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457978909.899623.jpg

Jaimegomez8

My first mod was getting a bikini top being that so cal has sunny days year round. Best top I ever bought being that it's just a bikini and not a soft top.

I'm definitely added paracord handles and a stubby antenna to the list now.

I think I saw on Sharkey's build thread where he had used a climbing bolt anchor for a hammock attachment point. I really like that idea.

Keep them coming! :thumb:

Desert Crawler

First mod was a free one. Drilled the mirrors. Second was a cheap one.... floor mats. Third was another cheap one...bikini top.

jgrantmarshall

I'm in the same boat.

Bought my JKUR 2 weeks ago. My first thought was lift & tires but I think I'll hold off and go front bumper and winch first. After knocking the stock antenna around on the trail last weekend, I'm also picking up a shorter antenna soon.

Great thread... can't wait to read more from the other guys!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Cant remember on my 2 door, well I could just go look at my old build, but on my 4 door I guess I would have to count my Wayalife stickers, and trucklites as I think they went on first. I had a lot of parts left from the 2 door and that kind of all went on at once so I cant count that part.

GraniteCrystal

My advice is start small and cheap. A bunch of great ideas already given. Then, once you start to feel like it's unique and your own and you've spent a bunch of time on here, you'll have a much better idea of what kind of Jeep you want to build and will make better decisions on the expensive parts.

Top Bottom