Noob question

13JKUR

I've never had to have a mechanic weld anything for me. One of the things on my long list of mods is of course sliders. I've always looked at bolt on sliders just because I can do them myself, however I know weld on sliders are better for durability and long term abuse. My question is, how much would a mechanic typically charge to weld on sliders for me?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The EVO sliders don't take much to weld on and I would definitely think you could get it done for about $80 or less. If you do all the prep work and get it all setup, you should even be able to find a mobile welder come out and burn it in for cheap.

13JKUR

Wow that's way cheaper then I thought it would be. I guess weld on sliders it is! It's always been one of those things that I never knew and thought it would cost a lot so it was never an option in my head. You guys just made my day ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow that's way cheaper then I thought it would be. I guess weld on sliders it is! It's always been one of those things that I never knew and thought it would cost a lot so it was never an option in my head. You guys just made my day ;)

LOL!! Well, glad to hear it. Yelp some welders in your area, call them up and let them know what you're hoping to do. I'm sure you can get some pricing before having to commit to anything. :yup:

13JKUR

This is how sweet the town I live in is hahahaha

Had to post it however I'm sure there are a few good mechanics, in my big city of 5000, that would be able to weld them up. If not ill be driving to Madison to get the hook up ;)

Attachments

• image-918367463.jpg
    image-918367463.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 52

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is how sweet the town I live in is hahahaha

Had to post it however I'm sure there are a few good mechanics, in my big city of 5000, that would be able to weld them up. If not ill be driving to Madison to get the hook up ;)

:cheesy: Really?? Not even a muffler shop in town?

13JKUR

The closest actual muffler shop is 30 miles, however there are a couple general auto service shops in town that I'm sure could do it. God I miss living in the city lol.

Donny

You can try the local Community College or local trade schools they may have welding classes there and the instructor may do it for ya...

Donny

Top Bottom