Ridged radios vs cb

Jkdrewski

I'm looking at getting one or the other. I spend alot of time at silver lake sand dunes in Michigan and rugged radios is definitely more popular there at least with the people I hang out with. But I feel like a CB is more common everywhere else. Anybody have input?

Peak

CBs are less than 1/4 of the cost. Most sand rails run them because they are so loud and the only way to hear each other clearly is through a headset, not really necessary in a jeep. The only jeeps I've seen them in are race jeeps.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
The Rugged Radios ones are about $100 for the handheld, but you can buy the same thing on amazon for about $35 (includes charger)

Thats what most of my wheeling circle is using on the trails these days and the CB's are more of a backup or used to fill-in those without the race radios.

I like the handheld race radios (vs. the CB) because they are more powerful and you can take it with you when walking around, or spotting.

Jkdrewski

I was looking at the handheld with the trail rider kit. Boosts the range and comes with a handheld mike

jesse3638

Hooked
I think it's the beofeng your talking about on Amazon. Will the race radios work with cb's

You might be able to get them to talk to each other if you were running some sort of interoperability box but they work on two different frequency lengths so as they stand no. Sorry that's about all the technical radio knowledge I have...haha

CJW

For communicating with your buddies get what everyone else is already using. Those use different frequencies and won't talk to the other type of radio.

Top Bottom