Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 JK, Stalling and not starting for 5-10 minutes

2013 JK, Stalling and not starting for 5-10 minutes

Update, took to the dreaded dealer, they said computer needed to be updated, at no cost. Great. So they did that then drove around for an hour and could not reproduce the stall... I drove home and it seemed to be great, better throttle response, more power.

The next night driving home from work at midnight. STALL, wait five minute started right up, only to stall again and I wait five minutes to start up. I drive home pissed.

So today I cleaned the throttle body. Someone suggested that was a possible problem, will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjb1sjb View Post
    Update, took to the dreaded dealer, they said computer needed to be updated, at no cost. Great. So they did that then drove around for an hour and could not reproduce the stall... I drove home and it seemed to be great, better throttle response, more power.

The next night driving home from work at midnight. STALL, wait five minute started right up, only to stall again and I wait five minutes to start up. I drive home pissed.

So today I cleaned the throttle body. Someone suggested that was a possible problem, will see.
    That sucks. Good luck getting it fixed. What a pain.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Been Around the Block Bustedback's Avatar
    It sounds like a failing crank sensor. They don't always throw a code when they fail. You say it stalls after running for a while, that tells me the issue is heat related. The crank sensor lives in a harsh environment with lots of heat and vibration, so it's not uncommon for them to crap out. I recommend replacing it with a genuine Mopar sensor. The aftermarket sensors are made to fit a variety of different years and models and could cause other weird issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustedback View Post
    It sounds like a failing crank sensor. They don't always throw a code when they fail. You say it stalls after running for a while, that tells me the issue is heat related. The crank sensor lives in a harsh environment with lots of heat and vibration, so it's not uncommon for them to crap out. I recommend replacing it with a genuine Mopar sensor. The aftermarket sensors are made to fit a variety of different years and models and could cause other weird issues.
    sounds like a plan, something i can do, looks easy, will keep you updated

thanks

Check the wiring coming from the crank sensor as well, to make sure the insulation around the wires are not compromised. Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be.

Fresh Catch
    Just wondering if you found anything? I have a 13 with a 6 speed trans, but knock on wood have had no issues with it. A cam sensor would also give you the same results, but just like the crank should give you a code.

update, cleaned the throttle body about 3 weeks ago, was running great, then it stalled today (no codes) waited 5 minutes, started up and no problems

before the stall
    while driving she did sputter once, then parked her for an hour got back in, started her up, backed out of a parking stall put in first gear when 20 yards to a stop sign (clutch in), tried to go and stalled

this sucks

Fresh Catch
    Any strong fuel smell after stalling?

No fuel smell

More info. There is a common denominator that I just realized..this seems to happen when I am at a 1/4 tank of gas. Any ideas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast