Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut Fender Thread

I just did mine today
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, this is an awesome idea. I need to spend some time rereading the write-up for this mod.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012 Jeep Wrangler JK Sport 2DR

Lifted, Locked, 37's, and a lot of etc.

Cut fenders look sweet! I'd like to do mine, but I still have stock Rubi tires as well as springs and shocks off a 4 dr. I'm just afraid trimming them now will make my rig look like i need bigger tires.
    Gots
    17-Inch Rubi Wheels
    295/70/17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's
    18/59 Springs & Rubi Shocks
    TF Leveling Kit
    1.5" Spidertrax Spacers
    Warn Rock Crawler Stubby & Engo 9000 Winch
    EVO Rear Bolt On "D" Ring Mounts
    EVO Rear Corner Rock Skins
    Rough Country Skids

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Here's mine!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I keep looking at buying fenders but after looking at all the pictures I think I will try this first.

How many of you who cut your fenders left them attached while trimming?

I saw someone who mounted the stock Orange lights inside the front of the wheel well, against the engine bay wall. Has anyone dome this and how did you do it? I am aching to trim mine, just haven't found the time...
    Epic Addictions!

New Rig:
    2013 JKU Rubicon, 4" Evo Double D Long Arm Lift w/ Bilstein 5100's, 37" Nitto TGs on 17" Spyderlocks, J.E. Reel 1350 Front DS, LoD sliders, EVO 1/4 Pounder w/ Stinger, EVO Rockskins and Tire Carrier.

Previous Rig:
    2010 JKU Mountain Edition, 35" Wrangler MT/R Kevlar's, 3.5" Rock Krawler Flex System w/ Fox Shocks, 5.13 G2 gears, Spyderlock beadlocks, Coast 1310 FDS, EVO C2 kit and drag link flip kit, LoD sliders, Trektop NX.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizz View Post
    I keep looking at buying fenders but after looking at all the pictures I think I will try this first.

How many of you who cut your fenders left them attached while trimming?
    You need to remove the front to trim the "skeleton", and if you don't have a sawz all, and you do it with a zip-cut or cutting wheel, it's gonna take way longer. If I had to do it again, I would buy a sawz all prior to do the job

Quote Originally Posted by Prime8 View Post
    I saw someone who mounted the stock Orange lights inside the front of the wheel well, against the engine bay wall. Has anyone dome this and how did you do it? I am aching to trim mine, just haven't found the time...
    I just removed mine, and I will leave it like this until I get busted.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime8 View Post
    Project-jk has a write up for the light mod, it's listed with the fender cut write up

Cut Fender Thread

Man it looks so good... Some mates of mine have cut their stock flares, but I'm a little tentative, if I can find a spare set, then I will cut.. Or just get some flat fender flares...