Cut Fender Thread

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So I will be cutting my fenders in the next month (after snorkels gets lifted) and wanted to get some ideas on how you guys have yours lined up. I have seen some in person but I figured this would help others as well. So post them up!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm sure you've seen this but, just in case you haven't...

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/jeep-jk-wrangler-factory-fender-chop

:cool:

main.php

main.php

rfoust

I hate to copy others but damn it if those cuts aren't perfect on a JK!

No kidding, at first I thought those were replacements or something. I wouldn't know how to do anything to my JK if it weren't for the how-to's on this site. :rock:

JAGS

Hooked
Hey Moochie, can you post up a pic of yours? :thumb: Yours are different from Moby/Cat and it would be cool to see/compare in the same thread. I think I'm leaning toward something like moochies.

Snorkels, maybe we should do a fender trim party. Though not sure how good it would look on an un-lifted/modded 4-door. :idontknow:

StrizzyChris

Though not sure how good it would look on an un-lifted/modded 4-door. :idontknow:

I think a stock jeep with street tires and trimmed fenders look a little silly, but its all about prepping for "what's to come"....but you have MTs on ur rubi. Its obviously personal style, but I think they look great, at stock height, with trimmed fenders! :rock:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Cut fenders look sweet! I'd like to do mine, but I still have stock Rubi tires as well as springs and shocks off a 4 dr. I'm just afraid trimming them now will make my rig look like i need bigger tires.

Bizz

I keep looking at buying fenders but after looking at all the pictures I think I will try this first.

How many of you who cut your fenders left them attached while trimming?

Prime8

I saw someone who mounted the stock Orange lights inside the front of the wheel well, against the engine bay wall. Has anyone dome this and how did you do it? I am aching to trim mine, just haven't found the time...

Holeshot

Banned
I keep looking at buying fenders but after looking at all the pictures I think I will try this first.

How many of you who cut your fenders left them attached while trimming?

You need to remove the front to trim the "skeleton", and if you don't have a sawz all, and you do it with a zip-cut or cutting wheel, it's gonna take way longer. If I had to do it again, I would buy a sawz all prior to do the job :doh:

I saw someone who mounted the stock Orange lights inside the front of the wheel well, against the engine bay wall. Has anyone dome this and how did you do it? I am aching to trim mine, just haven't found the time...

I just removed mine, and I will leave it like this until I get busted.

Atch

Project-jk has a write up for the light mod, it's listed with the fender cut write up

Robin.CT

Man it looks so good... Some mates of mine have cut their stock flares, but I'm a little tentative, if I can find a spare set, then I will cut.. Or just get some flat fender flares...

Top Bottom