Vibration under acceleration

ob_tj

A couple days ago driving my jeep I noticed a pretty big vibration starting at 20 mph and only stopping when I take my foot off the gas. Along with the vibration there is also a clicking sound. Wondering if anyone had any idea what it could be because I am clueless as of now.

WJCO

Meme King
A couple days ago driving my jeep I noticed a pretty big vibration starting at 20 mph and only stopping when I take my foot off the gas. Along with the vibration there is also a clicking sound. Wondering if anyone had any idea what it could be because I am clueless as of now.

Vibration when accelerating or decelerating is usually a powertrain vibration. Could be ujoints, gears, motor mounts, etc.

ob_tj

Vibration when accelerating or decelerating is usually a powertrain vibration. Could be ujoints, gears, motor mounts, etc.

Yeah my first guess was output shaft or a driveline issue but I have no clue.

WJCO

Meme King
Get under there with gloves and give the drive shaft a good pull and push at each ujoint and see if there is any play. You can also get a pry bar in there and check for play. Also check for play in the pinion yokes and transfer case yokes as well. That's where I would start. Also look for anything visually obviously like bent shafts, etc. Check front axle joints with a prybar too.

ob_tj

Get under there with gloves and give the drive shaft a good pull and push at each ujoint and see if there is any play. You can also get a pry bar in there and check for play. Also check for play in the pinion yokes and transfer case yokes as well. That's where I would start. Also look for anything visually obviously like bent shafts, etc. Check front axle joints with a prybar too.

That sounds like what I'm going to have to do. I was going to just take the whole driveline out and take it to see if it could be Rebuilt or repaired befor I spend $350 and a beefed up one.

Azzy5779

I had the vibration and a squeal at about 30 until I stopped accelerating . It ended up being a dry and flat u-joint. The vibration was shaking my whole dash at about 60. But it still does that, I need to get the tires rotated and aligned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom