Favorite Trail at Moab?

We got into town early to have some fun and relax on the trails a bit before all the fun starts with Easter Jeep Safari 2016. We took a ride up Golden Spike yesterday, enjoyed the nice weather and always beautiful scenery. Got us to thinking, what's everyone's favorite trail at Moab?

Wayalife Thread.jpg

Jaydoc1

image-3554673504.jpg

It's going to be hard to beat Seven Mile Rim for me. It made my daughter do this after the "Mind Screw" section. My wife was catatonic in the passenger seat and my other daughter was flat on her back thanking God that she lived just off camera. Tough to beat THOSE memories. I'm laughing out loud now remembering it!

JAGS

Hooked
I've only been once. It's hard to beat that first trail experience of being out in the promise land. So for me and and my wife, it's got to be the first trail we did, which was fins and things.

And she even got behind the wheel.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458352322.409696.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458352413.886936.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
None! Maybe in a four door they would be fun but in a two door they are sketchy.

(Maybe I'm just a bitch - likely case scenario)

Jermovi

Hells revenge. I've only done a handful of Moab trails. Hells was life changing. It's the quintessential Moab/slick rock jeep trail. I can't wait to back and do it again.

image.jpg

NotAllWhoWander

I have only been to Moab once, it was EJS week, but was before I owned my jeep. I planned the trip as a spring break hiking trip and didn't realize it was Easter week. I was lucky to be able to rent a jeep and go on the 3D trail run while I was there. I had wanted a jeep before this experience, but this is what pushed me to get mine. Hope to make it back to EJS some day as it was a great experience.

THawk

I have seen a couple videos of Hell's revenge, one with a stock Range Rover. Would this be a good trail for a Renegade?

Jaydoc1

I have seen a couple videos of Hell's revenge, one with a stock Range Rover. Would this be a good trail for a Renegade?

Here you go. A pretty nice video of a TrailHawk on Hell's Revenge. I've got to believe that there are at least a few places that you're going to be scraping the bottom of your Renegade but you COULD do it.

Not my video, BTW. The funny thing is that some friends of mine from Colorado show up in it. It's a REALLY small world!

http://youtu.be/DyJBr9O-u8g

My mistake. I thought that I read Cherokee in your post for some reason. I think you can still see from the video that it would be very challenging in a Renegade.

Last edited:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
We were passing through Moab last April and decided to stay one extra day to run Fins & Things. Eddie had recommended it to us as a trail that would challenge a stock JKUR like ours, but we should be able to do it. We used the skid plate a couple of times and just had too much fun. We only live about 350mi. from Moab so there's no excuse not to go back.
Fins2.jpg
Fins1.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I want to run the white rim trail the next time im out there, just want to make sure I have the time. Problem is, coordinating permits for EXACT dates for someone that has to drive from NJ to Moab is a bit difficult. From what I hear, it's an incredible 3 day trail.

THawk

Here you go. A pretty nice video of a TrailHawk on Hell's Revenge. I've got to believe that there are at least a few places that you're going to be scraping the bottom of your Renegade but you COULD do it.

Not my video, BTW. The funny thing is that some friends of mine from Colorado show up in it. It's a REALLY small world!

My mistake. I thought that I read Cherokee in your post for some reason. I think you can still see from the video that it would be very challenging in a Renegade.

Cool Video, I think I would have an advantage at times with the shorter wheel base. I got my rock sliders and a Daystar lift. Might scrape a bit, as long as it's not too bad.

Haven't run them all yet but Poison Spider was a good one with the change in terrain from going up that waterway shed for the first couple miles then to the arch overlook then the rim overlook... 'an have every thing run' !
image.jpg

Top Bottom