12.50s on Stock Wheels

Wolfpack14

I have stock 2015 Rubi wheels and ordered 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail grapplers through discount tire. I installed some Spidertrax spacers but when I went to get the tires mounted, Discount Tire said they would not do it. They explained that the 7.5" wheel width was too small. Has anyone else had this problem? They installed some 35x12.50 on my last jeep with sport rims about a year ago so I was pretty confused when they said no.

Napalm

I have stock 2015 Rubi wheels and ordered 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail grapplers through discount tire. I installed some Spidertrax spacers but when I went to get the tires mounted, Discount Tire said they would not do it. They explained that the 7.5" wheel width was too small. Has anyone else had this problem? They installed some 35x12.50 on my last jeep with sport rims about a year ago so I was pretty confused when they said no.

I had this issue too. It's nothing against them; I think it's just a policy they have. I ended up just buying new wheels with my tires. Now with my new build, I'll be doing this in a year or two so I'll have to figure out what to do.

Regardless, I still love DT and won't eve buy tires anywhere else.

JKDOC1

I was going to buy these tires and ended up with the Deegan 38's and every tire told me the same thing...I think it's just a policy but I ended up just bringing them to my Jeep dealership and they had no problem putting them on for me....lol

jorgelrod

Hooked
They won't do it because of liability issues, the manufacturer makes the tire and states a "safe" rim width so the tire does not fail because it's "pinched"

jkwebbie

I run 37x12.50x17 tires on my 2015 Rubi wheels, but I got them mounted at a local shop. I'll never use Discount Tire

bmeaggie

Yeah with 1.5" spacers it's fine. That's what I run.

I always have this kind of work done at a real off-road shop.

Discount Tire is a good company and usually well-run, but when you get into the world of customization, I feel they get knocked out of their comfort zone easily.

Draconianwinter

Hmm looking to get 35's put on my stock wheels. I live in Chattanooga and wondering if anyone knows a place near there that will do the work? Willing to drive a couple hours when the time comes

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Try Costco. They balance Wayoflife's bead locks, so maybe they'll mount yours. It probably just depends on the particular shop you use.

Edit: Thread revival got me. I see this is from March.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fjnomo

Run them all day long

I have run them for some time. I run 35x12.50x17s with 1.5 Spidertrax and none of the shops around here including 4WheelParts have any issue mounting them.
IMG_2393_zps1yh5rrt4.jpg

HogBlock

Take them to a local shop. They will most every time mount them. The big chains try to stay out of any liability issues so if the rim is not 8" wide, they won't usually do it. Here is a pic of mine with 35" generals. IMG_0608.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom