Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 3.6L V6 Thermostat Housing Replacement

3.6L V6 Thermostat Housing Replacement

Very, very helpful write up. I’ve smelled coolant on my 14 since new. Took it to the dealer once and they couldn’t find anything. So I left it alone. My coolant would leak so slow that it was never an issue. The past half a year. It had been leaking way quicker than it ever had. Today when I made a hard stop and turned my vehicle where I made said stop. I smelled a ton of coolant and even saw a bit of smoke (coolant on hot parts). I finally saw a puddle of coolant and saw it come from by the thermostat. Wouldn’t you know it, it had about 6 hairlines that met up in the middle and I guess caused the decent little pool of coolant. Hopefully this has been the leak I’ve been smelling since new. But I also got a check engine light after the t-stat install. So, I might run it a bit tomorrow, and if all seems fine and doesn’t go away on its own. I might just try what the other user did and try to cycle the engine/disconnect the battery to see if it takes the light off.

(Update): After driving it around a couple of times, and letting it warm up and cool down. The engine light came off on its own. I think this finally resolved my leaking issue. I haven’t smelled coolant like I usually do. Im going to keep my eye on the reservoir to see if it indeed stays full.

Once again, great write up!
    Last edited by Texas Nick; 02-19-2019 at 03:41 PM.

3 years after I said I was going to do this, I did it. The original one was a very slight crack, but recently it got a bit worse. Great directions!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456