Need help with Winch selection.

ob_tj

As summer gets closer and closer. I realize I need a winch for trail runs. I just wanted some input on a good and affordable winch for a TJ. I was looking at the smitty built XRC-9.5k gen2. Any suggestions or input?

COLOJK

I just got an awesome deal on the warn m8000 on Amazon. $586 with a $50 coupon plus the $75 mail in rebate from warn or something close to that brings it to about $475 and free shipping

Jk909

If you can't afford a warn get a quadratec 9500. I've used the hell out of mine and it always works. I know a lot of other people who've had luck with theirs too

WJCO

Meme King
Warn recommendation as well. Definitely something you want to work when you need it.

Napalm

As summer gets closer and closer. I realize I need a winch for trail runs. I just wanted some input on a good and affordable winch for a TJ. I was looking at the smitty built XRC-9.5k gen2. Any suggestions or input?

I had the SmittyBilt 9.5k gen 2. On the surface it seemed like a decent winch but the quality of it ended up being terrible. If you're on a budget go with the Warn M8000

CarolinaJK

I just got an awesome deal on the warn m8000 on Amazon. $586 with a $50 coupon plus the $75 mail in rebate from warn or something close to that brings it to about $475 and free shipping

If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get the coupon? I've been wanting a M8000 for a while now!

ob_tj

Definately go warn if you can. I got a m8000 on black friday through northridge for 500 shipped

If you can't afford a warn get a quadratec 9500. I've used the hell out of mine and it always works. I know a lot of other people who've had luck with theirs too

Warn recommendation as well. Definitely something you want to work when you need it.

Thanks guys. Guess I need to save up a little bit more. Maybe look into the quadratec winches.

Eugene the Jeep

Look on amazon warehouse deals. It's where they sell returned items. There's a link on amazons main page, at the bottom of the page. I bought a superwinch S9000 for $400.00 brand new in a damaged box with free shipping and no tax.

Eezybreezy08

I went with the m8000 myself and it was everything I needed. You just can't beat a warn. Personally I don't like shitty bilt but that's just the luck I've had with there stuff. It might work for you

Jrainsberger

I would agree about Warn being better, but from what I have read, the M8000 is made in China just like the Smittybuilt. I decided not to pay the extra money until I can afford a better model than the M8000.

dmpowder

I went with a Engo 9k. Very happy with it so far. Was under $300 with some discount.

Attachments

• 1458622673475.jpg
    1458622673475.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 117
Top Bottom