Tie rod hitting diff

brooklyn4x4

So I was doing a once over on my front end today and I noticed that my tie rod is hitting / rubbing against the diff cover of my pr44 and also touching the bracket where my track bar mounts to my axel when ever the wheel is turned all the way. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how did you go about correcting it.
Thanks.

NAUJK

I had a similar problem on my PR44 back when I was using the stock tie rod it was bent so I replaced it with a beefier one and solved my problem.

brooklyn4x4

I had a similar problem on my PR44 back when I was using the stock tie rod it was bent so I replaced it with a beefier one and solved my problem.
I'm running the stock tie rod still but it doesn't appear to be bent. What new tie rod did you get and did it solve the problem.

NAUJK

I got the synergy tie rod. I replaced it because it was bent and the ends needed to be replaced and few other things but yes my tie rod no longer hits my diff

WJCO

Meme King
You could adjust your steering stops out slightly too. You'll loose some turning radius, but it may help the tie rod from not hitting.

brooklyn4x4

I got the synergy tie rod. I replaced it because it was bent and the ends needed to be replaced and few other things but yes my tie rod no longer hits my diff

You could adjust your steering stops out slightly too. You'll loose some turning radius, but it may help the tie rod from not hitting.

OK thanks guys I'll look into both opinions.

Top Bottom