Jeep check engine light question P0302

Ryan.fivestar

I have 2012 JK unlimited 35000 miles the check engine light came on I was not worried about it cuz I thought it was the gas cap again. Went to my local O'Reilly to pick up a new one and had them hook it up to the code reader just to be safe and that was not the issue. Got a P0302 cylinder 2 misfire, jeep seems to be running fine. One more part to the problem about 3 days ago jumped in and started the jeep and the wipers went on full blast and could not shut them off? The whole dash was dead gas gauge RPM everything shut it off and back on couple of time same thing. Drove about 5 min. Everything just came back to life as normal. Has anyone had the dash gauge thing happen to them? What should I do about the P0302 issue? Take it to the dealer? I do have a good local mechanic that I trust. Please help me out with some advise

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Since your Jeep seems to be running ok, I would start with disconnecting the battery to reset the code and see if it comes back.

WJCO

Meme King
If code comes back, swap ignition coils from cylinder 2 to another cylinder and see if misfire follows, that will eliminate the coil or not. As far as wipers, check for corrosion or anything obvious around TIPM (fuse blocks), and battery cables. You could have an intermittent short somewhere.

Top Bottom