Homemade air up tool. Hands free

RUBEERCON

Maybe they sell this type of product but I could not find one. I wanted to air up hands free so I made a trip to the hardware store. No more holding the chuck for 2 minutes and no more checking tire pressure with a handheld gage.

I snap this on and after a minute I close the valve and it displays the current tire pressure. When open it reads the tank pressure. I run it on a 12volt PUMA.

Anything out there like this? It works great, cold hands stay in jacket pockets while the tires inflate.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458702004.741768.jpg

RUBEERCON

Thanks!

Mostly Lowes, Home Depot.
3/8 sizes
Clip on chuck (local tool supply shop)
Air gage ( upgrade this one will break soon)
3/8 T
Ball valve
A few nipples
Male chuck fitting.

It does not air down very fast with the hose off but I never air up without it.

RUBEERCON

I'm getting ready to make some of these for my buddies. You guys want me to post the parts list with item numbers? I'm sure it could be built with better parts but this one has held up so far. I'm still shocked I can't find something similar that's mass produced. Anyone seen a chuck like this?

Ddays

Hooked
Nice DIY filler. I was going to go the same route but all the damn brass fittings, ball valve & gauge cost more than this ARB unit I bought for under $20.

Attachments

• arb.jpg
    arb.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 164

KJ_CJtoJK

Maybe they sell this type of product but I could not find one. I wanted to air up hands free so I made a trip to the hardware store. No more holding the chuck for 2 minutes and no more checking tire pressure with a handheld gage.

I snap this on and after a minute I close the valve and it displays the current tire pressure. When open it reads the tank pressure. I run it on a 12volt PUMA.

Anything out there like this? It works great, cold hands stay in jacket pockets while the tires inflate.
View attachment 194259

I made a similar thing, except I expanded it to do two tires at once, which balances the pressure equally on each side of the differential. I use this balance hose to both deflate and inflate. I can also use it to quickly borrow air from the spare while on the trail.
DSC03448m.JPG

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I made/use one daily at work, except with a 10' whip on it to stay away from huge high pressure tires while airing up. A short whip would be nice in this application so you would be hands free and you could stand up while you do it. That double hose is a pretty sweet set up too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom