AEV Pintler center bore

Jackal01

I am running the PSC Body Mount tire carrier. I am also running factory wheels with Duratracs. I have encountered a problem with the center bore being too small on the factory wheels thus causing damage (dents). PSC is aware and states that it is normal since most aftermarket wheels have a larger center bore. Makes sense. I am not even mad about it. The rubber alignment cone on the inside of wheel is too big for the center bore thus the cone cannot keep space between the splines on the rod and the wheel. I want to get Pintlers however AEV has not returned my messages. I am wondering if anyone here can compare the center bore size on the two wheels to give me an idea if I will encounter the same issue with the Pintlers. I am positive I have everything installed correctly (per directions and talking to PSC) but if I am doing something wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

2016-01-25 16.14.21.jpg
2016-02-23 15.20.35.jpg

Jackal01

Thanks. Factory looks the same.
Does anyone with slabs, chamber pros or TR beadlocks have any input? I would think those do not have an issue since I haven't seen it before.

Exodus 4x4

That's odd. I'll try and remember to check mine tomorrow just for shits and grins. To be honest I think any hub centric wheel is or should be the same size, so I would think pretty much everything everyone's running is going to be that size.

Was able to check the bore I.D.of the rm's online and its 2.816", so my above statement about them being hub centric is full of shit.

Last edited:

Jackal01

Looking at pictures of Slabs, the center bore is significantly larger than factory and the pintler BLs above.

Ddays

Hooked
Here is the center bore of a Chamber Pro with a Spidertrax spacer. The spacer lip is factory diameter. The Chamber Pros have a 83.5 mm center. ATX's website lists the bore diameters of their wheels so you can check there to see if the Slabs are the same

attachmentOYQYG3R0.jpg

Jackal01

Here is the center bore of a Chamber Pro with a Spidertrax spacer. The spacer lip is factory diameter. The Chamber Pros have a 83.5 mm center. ATX's website lists the bore diameters of their wheels so you can check there to see if the Slabs are the same

View attachment 194454

Thanks for the picture. Looks like Pintlers will not work (comparing the bores) with the current carrier setup.

Top Bottom