Planning my first trip to MOAB

TrailRidden

My friends and I are planning a trip to MOAB for my bachelor trip. Hoping to get some help from any MOAB familiars out there. I am currently looking for an estimated time period I should set aside for each trail. I also notice a lot of the trails spit you out at different locations, so I am also looking to find the best order to do them in. All suggestions are welcome. I am planning for September and will be there 8 days and we would like to camp as much as possible.

Trail list of what I would like to do.

White Rim Trail (planning on camping half way) 2 Days

Cliff Hangar

Golden Spike

Hell's Revenge

Poison Spider Mesa

Seven Mile Rim

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
My friends and I are planning a trip to MOAB for my bachelor trip. Hoping to get some help from any MOAB familiars out there. I am currently looking for an estimated time period I should set aside for each trail. I also notice a lot of the trails spit you out at different locations, so I am also looking to find the best order to do them in. All suggestions are welcome. I am planning for September and will be there 8 days and we would like to camp as much as possible.

Trail list of what I would like to do.

White Rim Trail (planning on camping half way) 2 Days

Cliff Hangar

Golden Spike

Hell's Revenge

Poison Spider Mesa

Seven Mile Rim

Well, Cliff Hanger is an "out & back" trail, properly equipped you can run it pretty quickly. I believe it's about 5.5 miles one way and you could probably run it in a half a day.

Golden Spike is sandwiched between Poison Spider & Gold Bar Rim trail. You'll need to take about half the Poison Spider trail then branch on to Golden Spike. Golden Spike takes you to Gold Bar Rim trail and you take that trail out. Not sure how long of a day you want, But it is possible to run all of Poison Spider and catch Golden Spike & Gold Bar Rim on the way out, but it will be a long day. (PSM has long stretches of just bumpy road, it keeps you going slow without a lot of obstacles.)

Hells Revenge is a lot of fun and super close to town & right next to Fins n Things. You'll pay $5 to use this area so you may want to try to get two trails for the price of one.

I haven't run Sevenmile Rim, but I know it's a long easy trail north of town.

I would highly recommend buying Charles Wells guide to Moab (http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Backroads-4-Wheel-Drive-Trails/dp/1934838004) tons of good info. I've seen used copies online for $5.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Top Bottom