How much lift?

zip04

I bought this Jeep used and can't tell how much of a lift it has. It has a Zone suspension lift kit installed. Looking to replace the shocks with Bilsteins or OMEs, but would like to know the size of the current lift first.

The tires are 33x12.50R15LT
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459089417.650044.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You really think we know by that picture? Post some numbers from the coils or pictures of the suspension or something. That picture is no help.

YellowJK

There's a picture somewhere where it shows how to measure your height. Type that in Google and it will be in images. Or type how to measure height on jk. I believe it's 9 3/8 from the bottom of the bump stop to the top of the spring perch. Could be wrong tho it's been awhile.

That looks 3".

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There's a picture somewhere where it shows how to measure your height. Type that in Google and it will be in images. Or type how to measure height on jk. I believe it's 9 3/8 from the bottom of the bump stop to the top of the spring perch. Could be wrong tho it's been awhile.

That looks 3".

This is the one you're thinking of this one but its for a JK not a TJ.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459094303.254265.jpg

zip04

Wow.......

What you posted is for a JK, do you know the stock measurements for a TJ?

Edit: Not to be a dick, but 75% of your posts are rude replies to people. Either be helpful, or don't reply. No need for Internet tough guys in a forum. It doesn't help anyone.

Did I expect anyone to know the height of my lift based on pictures, not really. But I did HOPE someone could provide a method for me to find out. Thanks for any helpful advice.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Wow.......

What you posted is for a JK, do you know the stock measurements for a TJ?

Edit: Not to be a dick, but 75% of your posts are rude replies to people. Either be helpful, or don't reply. No need for Internet tough guys in a forum. It doesn't help anyone.

Did I expect anyone to know the height of my lift based on pictures, not really. But I did HOPE someone could provide a method for me to find out. Thanks for any helpful advice.

Not sure how what I said was a dick move but you can fuck right off. Figure your shit out for yourself.

Guess showing you how to measure your lift isn't helpful.

aldaman

4" lift is common for TJs to clear 33s. If you are looking to replace your shocks why don't you remove your old ones and measure it fully extended, then compare that with the new aftermarket shocks you want to purchase. If those manufacturer websites don't give your the specs just email them and give them your shock measurements so then can advise you of the correct shocks to get :beer:

zip04

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459114049.025333.jpg

I looked it all over. I'm pretty positive they were trying to accent the jeep, but over did it. My wife likes it, I think it is too much.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Every rubber component that was painted is going to become brittle and crack a lot sooner than normal. You need to be ready to replace your ball joints, steering stabilizer, control arm bushings, potentially brake lines, etc.

Sucks the guy before you did that, a crappy way to hide rust in my opinion.

Top Bottom