Flat fender folks... Questions for you?

RZNCAIN

I so just scrapped my stockers for the Smittybuilt XCR flats and now I am not sure I love them. I feel I might have to much wheel gap now. I have about 10.5 inches from the top of the tire to the bottom of the flare on the fronts. Please weight in.

Before

12805949_10153319105361971_3599331907283708972_n.jpg

After

12512241_10153357845566971_6382712770138767769_n.jpg

12512404_10153357845446971_3602526266902069163_n.jpg

mackey

Looks like any normal flat fender. Don't know if it's to late to return them, but you could cut your stock fenders and make them flat for free. You could also cut the stock to whatever look you like best. Other than that, they look totally fine. Not to much gap.

GraniteCrystal

Tough call. I think I agree with Overlander. If you don't have rubbing with stock fenders and you aren't planning on ever going to bigger tires, then I'd go back to stock and put the $ elsewhere.

Ddays

Hooked
That's the issue with flats. They leave an awful lot of clear space. Unless you fill it with tire you sometimes get this effect. While I think it looked better with the factory,
I have seen an awful lot worse! This isn't so bad..

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I like the IDEA of the smitty fenders, but I think they are to short and close to the body for my liking. Now if they were "full width" like the factory fender, just flat. I.E. factory fenders already cut, I would have them on my rig. But I personally think the small, thin fender look is funny

Mr.Spark

I'll bandwagon here, I like the original look.

However, I'm running these and I'll tell you that you might as well not be running a fender when it comes to splash, if you run these off-road with out doors you will be covered in it and the rig is going to need some interior love, personal experience. I'm not sure these are even street legal in some places but I have never had a problem.

What I do like is that they are a relatively cheap solution, I think the look pretty damn good but I went from the stock plastic black fenders to them. They are also pretty tough so you can beat on em and the wheel well really opens up if you are trying to fit some bigger tires or something.

DGP

I'm voting for the smittybuilt fenders but I'm partial, I have the same ones. Some spacers or less backspacing would help give it a better look and wider footprint.

xxJWPxx

Generally I prefer the look of the flat fender but with your set up I think the stock fender looked better. I'm in a similar situation as you with my tire to cut fender distance being 11", which is why I haven't cut mine.

JoeB-JKURX

Going Larger (Tires, that is). Size does matter

I can relate to the gap between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fenders. I have a 3.5" lift with Metalcloak Overlines and 35s - about a foot of gap. A difference with your fenders is that I did get the wider front flare (8") and don't get much splash (more than stockers, though). It is claimed that, with these fenders, you can do 37's with a small lift (I'd imagine that that would work OK for speed bumps in the mall parking lot). What I like is that I can flex the snot out the rig and there is no issue with the fenders. I will do 37s (or larger) in the future and I was trying to plan ahead.

TwistedJK

I think it looks fine either way. It's all just a matter of personal preference anyway, to be honest with you. If you like, then who cares what others think. You'll go crazy just going off of others opinions lol.

Top Bottom