p0562 code

wanderer

Check engine light came on so I checked it with a code reader and the code came up P0562, which means low voltage in the system. I have disconnect the battery to reset it which it does for a day or 2 then the code comes back. The jeep is an 08 with a 130k on it. The battery is a yellow top with about 4 years on it. There are no other issues. what are your thought s alternator? Battery? wiring? what is most common? and if it is the alternator is this a difficult job to do by one's self. if it is the alternator I would like to upgrade to heavy duty alternator. so what recommendations do you have? How can I tell for sure if it is the alternator or something else.

Pep boys gave me a 16 dollar quote whelk menace said 60 for an eval of the charging system . Is there a better way with say a multimeter? Any suggestions?

WJCO

Meme King
Check engine light came on so I checked it with a code reader and the code came up P0562, which means low voltage in the system. I have disconnect the battery to reset it which it does for a day or 2 then the code comes back. The jeep is an 08 with a 130k on it. The battery is a yellow top with about 4 years on it. There are no other issues. what are your thought s alternator? Battery? wiring? what is most common? and if it is the alternator is this a difficult job to do by one's self. if it is the alternator I would like to upgrade to heavy duty alternator. so what recommendations do you have? How can I tell for sure if it is the alternator or something else.

Pep boys gave me a 16 dollar quote whelk menace said 60 for an eval of the charging system . Is there a better way with say a multimeter? Any suggestions?

Use a DVOM. Set it on 12v setting. Start engine. Turn on lights and all your other shit. Put red lead on positive and black lead on negative with the engine still running. That will give you your charging voltage. Make sure your belt is tight. I would clean your battery terminals well, check the terminal at your starter for mud/corrosion and make sure your fuse box and pcm connections are tight and not dirty. Almost any parts store will test your battery for free too, fyi.

wanderer

tested with multimeter

So I tested the battery as it sat there with no draw a solid 14.2 turned on the motor every thing I have electric in the jeep as well and the voltage reader says 16.4 so I think this means it is not he battery or the alternator. Question is though why am i slithering a p0562 code and the check engine light is still on?

Drdiesel1

Here's the set conditions for this DTC.

P0562 Battery Sense Circuit Low Voltage - Manual and Automatic Transmission, TCM
Possible Causes Setting Conditions

Generator field control circuit is open or shorted to ground
Generator connector is damaged (check pins for damage, and for moisture)
Generator ground circuit is open or has a high resistance condition
Battery sense circuit has a high resistance condition
Generator has failed
TCM has failed (check the connector and pins for damage, and for moisture)

Engine running; Transmission Control relay enabled, and the TCM detected the Battery Sense circuit voltage from the relay output circuit was less than 10.0v for 15 seconds. The presence of this code usually indicates a gradually falling battery, or high resistance connection to the TCM. The code will also set if the battery voltage sensed at the TCM is less than 6.50v for 200 ms, or If one of the Transmission Control Relay Output circuits is less than 7.20v for 200 ms.

The most probable fault is the battery

WJCO

Meme King
.............turned on the motor every thing I have electric in the jeep as well and the voltage reader says 16.4 so .....

16.4? You mean 14.6?

16.4 is way too high. But if your leads on your battery were at 14.2, then that's a good charging voltage. That's still not an accurate way to check the battery. I've seen dead batteries that still read 12 volts.

Here's the set conditions for this DTC.

P0562 Battery Sense Circuit Low Voltage - Manual and Automatic Transmission, TCM
Possible Causes Setting Conditions

Generator field control circuit is open or shorted to ground
Generator connector is damaged (check pins for damage, and for moisture)
Generator ground circuit is open or has a high resistance condition
Battery sense circuit has a high resistance condition
Generator has failed
TCM has failed (check the connector and pins for damage, and for moisture)

Engine running; Transmission Control relay enabled, and the TCM detected the Battery Sense circuit voltage from the relay output circuit was less than 10.0v for 15 seconds. The presence of this code usually indicates a gradually falling battery, or high resistance connection to the TCM. The code will also set if the battery voltage sensed at the TCM is less than 6.50v for 200 ms, or If one of the Transmission Control Relay Output circuits is less than 7.20v for 200 ms.

The most probable fault is the battery

^This is good info.

I would have your battery tested at the parts store. If it's good, then check for loose connections and corrosion at alternator and pcm/tcm.

Last edited:

wanderer

too high

nope I mean 16.4 double and triple checked it. while off 14 something but slowly drops... I read where optima yellow top quality has gone down hill. so if it is th battery it is taking a long time to really die. What do you folks recommend as a replacement.

Top Bottom