Boot comfort

Deathmask

I'm sure a lot of you wear boots, whether it be work boots, combat boots, hiking boots, or even cowboy boots. What kind of insoles do you use in your boots for maximum comfort?

King Con

Get a pair of Kenetrek boots. They are amazing straight out of the box without even breaking in and last forever. Not cheap but when you figure out how long they last, they end up being a bargain. Don't have to use any aftermarket insole. My hunting boots are eight years old and look five days old.

fmdualexhaust

Not looking to start trouble. I never heard of Kenetrek before. Looked them up and they look to be a rip off of the LL bean boot.
My Bean boots are 21 years old and still look pretty new.

Mr.Spark

I like I keens. No wear in, for me, water proof, warm enough, fiberglass safety toe, lightweight, and a variety of flavors.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hunting boots = Danner High Ground (probably the most comfortable boots/shoes I've ever worn)

Hiking boots/shoes = Garment Zenith Trail

The above contain very stiff soles which is what I needed.

Work shoes = various, but mostly Italian ;)

Everything else = barefoot or Reef flippy-floppys

WJCO

Meme King
I've never used insoles on any of my boots. For hiking, I've had great luck with Merrell and Vasque. For work boots, Red Wings.

Deathmask

I wear Red Wings myself and love them. But after wearing them every day all day for over a year, it's time for new insoles and maybe even time to have them resoled.

Napalm

I wear a Wolverine duty boot at the firehouse at the moment. One I recommend is the Haix brand. I used these before hand. They lasted me almost 6 years before I had a hazardous "spill" on them and was forced to retire them.

They are very comfortable for long periods and they insulate well. They have a steel shank and a steel toe. They are waterproof/somewhat bloodborne pathogen proof.

The bad is that they aren't the best looking out there, but extremely tough.

If you have to put insoles in your boots then you need a different pair of boots.

Danner Acadia all day, everyday.

Red Wing moc toe for around the house and garage.

Solomon Ultra GTX. Best hiking boot ever worn. Extremely light and wears like a running shoe with the ankle support of a boot.

When I'm not in boots (rare) it's slip on vans or flip flops.

Lucas J

Another Red Wing Heritage guy here. I love my 875's. No insoles required. They take a few weeks to break in but I will never buy another boot. The key is to size down and have them mold to your foot. I wear a 9.5-10 in a sneaker and an 8 in Red Wing Heritage. Better to find a Red Wing store and have them size you, then it is to buy them online.

Sinsitizen

Danner TFX are great out of the box. I usually get about 3 years out of them and I wear them almost everyday all day.

USMC Wrangler

I've had one ankle surgery and due for a second since the first did not resolve the original damage. Anyway, been wearing Danner Acadias almost every workday since 2002. (original injury was in 1996, wearing USMC jungle boots at the time) Acadias aren't the lightest boot, but plenty of ankle support and long lasting. I do use gel heel cups to cushion the bad ankle mostly. Otherwise no inserts needed for me.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Ariat squaretoe workhog here. Most comfortable boots Ive ever had. Absolutely no break in period, feels great right out of the box. No aftermarket insoles needed.

Ive tried on a lot of different work boots and the Ariats are the best for me that Ive found yet. I wear them practically everyday, doing all sorts of work, in all sorts of weather.

I even wear them for good. I usually buy a new pair every year for good boots and take the pair from the year before and start wearing them everyday for work.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
I'm sure a lot of you wear boots, whether it be work boots, combat boots, hiking boots, or even cowboy boots. What kind of insoles do you use in your boots for maximum comfort?

Easy comfort rules - you can have the best footwear in the world & shitty socks and your feet will hate you. Or, you can have great socks & shitty footwear and your feet will love you.
That being said, good boots ie: red wing, bates, ll bean ect. Will keep your feet, arches and back well supported.

Jason12

Ariat squaretoe workhog here. Most comfortable boots Ive ever had. Absolutely no break in period, feels great right out of the box. No aftermarket insoles needed.

Ive tried on a lot of different work boots and the Ariats are the best for me that Ive found yet. I wear them practically everyday, doing all sorts of work, in all sorts of weather.

I even wear them for good. I usually buy a new pair every year for good boots and take the pair from the year before and start wearing them everyday for work.

I second this. Ariat r hands down the most comfortable work boot. Red wings r good to but takes forever to break in. I think they use the oldest tuffer bull to make the leather. As far as hiking I've had very good luck with merrel and north face

Top Bottom