How do I remove the dash on my 2015 dash?

LSX-Jeep

Hey guys I've search a few places and YouTube but I have not seen on how to remove the passenger side dash. The reason I need to do this is because my dumb ass drilled a hole through a harness so now I need to re-solder the wires. So yeah fml!!!

WJCO

Meme King
Hey guys I've search a few places and YouTube but I have not seen on how to remove the passenger side dash. The reason I need to do this is because my dumb ass drilled a hole through a harness so now I need to re-solder the wires. So yeah fml!!!

Ouch. No other way to access it huh?

Wethy

The dash is all one piece. Only way to remove the passenger side is to cut it in half.

i dont know about your 2012 but on my 2014 the drivers side of the dash will come off separate from the passenger side. goes from drivers door to the passenger side of the stereo.
unfortunately OP i cant help you though sorrry

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
i dont know about your 2012 but on my 2014 the drivers side of the dash will come off separate from the passenger side. goes from drivers door to the passenger side of the stereo.
unfortunately OP i cant help you though sorrry

The center section with the radio comes out but the dash itself is one piece I'm pretty sure. Look at your vents on the top, it should be all one piece.

Wethy

The center section with the radio comes out but the dash itself is one piece I'm pretty sure. Look at your vents on the top, it should be all one piece.
maybe yours is different from mine! ha ha but when i had my dash out a couple weeks ago the piece around the guage cluster came out. however the vent piece did stay.... maybe i did something wrong but this is what come out of mine when i took it off..
36a-2011-jeep-wrangler-interior-dash-view.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
maybe yours is different from mine! ha ha but when i had my dash out a couple weeks ago the piece around the guage cluster came out. however the vent piece did stay.... maybe i did something wrong but this is what come out of mine when i took it off..
View attachment 195169

Gotcha. Yes you are correct. When someone says dash I think the top piece, the dash. Not the gauge cluster. Confusing but I see what you're saying.

LSX-Jeep

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459293874.494338.jpg
I've unbolted everything that I can see but still having trouble with the freaking passenger side. I'm taking the whole thing off. That's the only way I can get good access to the wires.

Wethy

I don't think they've changed the interior since 2011 but I could be wrong.

i think your right but i meant maybe they just changed the panel not the design ha ha

also i did find this video for the OP but im sure hes already seen it shows most of the dash removal but not the acutal passenger side which kind of makes me think the the rest of the dash comes out together so id say find as many screws that go to the rest of the thing and use a light to look for anything holding the panel down. i wish you Good Luck!

edit: i forgot to add the link!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTz1U6CiPlE

Last edited:

Rayford85

I've never removed the dash in one, but I scratched the shit out of the passenger airbag cover before. To get the airbag out you pull two 10mm nuts from the bottom side of the airbag and there will be a little square panel right above the airbag on top of the dash. Remove that cover and under it is the remaining bolt. I think it's a 12mm. Be careful, but it should come out pretty easily.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
You are in for a real treat! While I have not pulled the dash on my JKU I did have to replace the air distribution box on my 2011 KK. I bet they are similar so here is what I did or remember:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459296768.271579.jpg
I started with an online subscription to Chilton. It's good for some step by step, but more importantly torque specifications. Disconnect your battery! This type of work could trigger the airbags! I recommend that you mark original positions of bolts and items to be removed with a paint marker for reference. Next I pulled the center console, kick panels, and A pillar covers. Then all the dash accessories, controls, radio, gages and cover panels. With the front drivers seat all the way back, drop the steering column to the floor. Unbolt the brake booster and drop the steering column bracket. You might have to drop the pedals too. Then the dash bolts, six total, four from the top and one behind each kick panel. Disconnect all necessary wires and carefully pull the dash forward to the front seats
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459297470.815906.jpg
When you are done with your repair just reverse the process. If I remember right there are specific torques when reassembling the steering components. Working slowly and patiently is a must! I hope that helps! Good luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom